Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

valdes on a free would be great business for us and would be happy to be sparingly due to his injury I would have thought. lots of mates for him at city as well.

Caballero is one of the top keepers in Spanish football.

I watched loads of games on TV last season, and the two best keepers in the Spanish League were Courtois and Caballero.

He's not a kid. he isn't going to come here to sit on the bench. Zero chance of him coming to City.

We are happy with Hart. He is integral to City's defence and he's young. We don't want a challenger to his place, we want a No.2 keeper. Pants was ideal. Very disappointing that he has gone.

Marvin said:

I watched loads of games on TV last season, and the two best keepers in the Spanish League were Courtois and Caballero.

He's not a kid. he isn't going to come here to sit on the bench. Zero chance of him coming to City.

We are happy with Hart. He is integral to City's defence and he's young. We don't want a challenger to his place, we want a No.2 keeper. Pants was ideal. Very disappointing that he has gone.
And that's the truth. Pants was discarded solely because of our CL restrictions and to spend money needlessly on another import would have been stupid. UEFA have stitched us up more than many here realise.

No way will be bring in a keeper to 'challenge' Hart in the manner in which someone like Caballero would. Joe is going to remain our number 1 I suspect for the rest of his career even if there are seemingly a small group of better keepers out there.

Marvin said:

You say ''we are happy with Hart''.......you cannot speak on behalf of everyone and should have said ''I am happy with Hart''. I know a lot of fans, including myself, who are still questioning some aspects of his play.

Also I, most certainly, want a challenger for the goalkeeping spot as with every other position on the team. To say that you don't want a challenger for any spot on the team is crazy????!!!!!.

br62 said:
Marvin said:

You say ''we are happy with Hart''.......you cannot speak on behalf of everyone and should have said ''I am happy with Hart''. I know a lot of fans, including myself, who are still questioning some aspects of his play.

Also I, most certainly, want a challenger for the goalkeeping spot as with every other position on the team. To say that you don't want a challenger for any spot on the team is crazy????!!!!!.
I am happy with Hart.

I'm no cynic said:
Marvin said:

And that's the truth. Pants was discarded solely because of our CL restrictions and to spend money needlessly on another import would have been stupid. UEFA have stitched us up more than many here realise.
I don't think that's true really. The restrictions on foreign players in relation to home grown has always been there and due to the quality (or lack of it) of English players we've been close to the limit for quite a while. Losing Barry, Lescott and potentially Richards and Rodwell has just brought it to the fore. We really do need an English or club trained keeper.

According to multiple media we are in agreement with Malaga. 5-7m fee , which is ok. Great replacement.

Way too good keeper to only play in League cup games. If he ends up here, can see Hart's place really under lot of risk in the first 11.

Or go the Real way and make Caballero save in all the cup games (CL, LC, FA) and Hart saves only in the league.

To be fair dont see much advantage for Hart in this duo. Apart from the experience in the English football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.