Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

I'm no cynic said:
Marvin said:
Caballero is one of the top keepers in Spanish football.

I watched loads of games on TV last season, and the two best keepers in the Spanish League were Courtois and Caballero.

He's not a kid. he isn't going to come here to sit on the bench. Zero chance of him coming to City.

We are happy with Hart. He is integral to City's defence and he's young. We don't want a challenger to his place, we want a No.2 keeper. Pants was ideal. Very disappointing that he has gone.
And that's the truth. Pants was discarded solely because of our CL restrictions and to spend money needlessly on another import would have been stupid. UEFA have stitched us up more than many here realise.

I don't think that's true. Truth is he wanted to leave last summer. He wants to be a first team keeper. Even if the club was sold on him I doubt he's resign because he's not better than Hart. He had a shot this year and while he was good in most games didn't really own the job. Mancini was going to bring in a replacement for Hart before he was fired. If he thought Pants was the answer he wouldn't have been looking for another keeper. There was talk about us signing Willy last summer and all season there were rumors of us signing Valdes this summer on a free. If MP, Ferran and Txiki were sold on him they wouldn't have been working on signing a new keeper.

I think this is a brilliant signing. Provides fantastic cover if Hart gets injured or a loss of form and will provide real competition for the #1 job which I always believe is a good thing.

Manchester City have reportedly won the race to sign Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

City have beaten off competition from Barcelona and Arsenal to sign the 32-year-old, according to The Sun on Sunday.

Caballero worked under City boss Manuel Pellegrini when he was manager of Malaga.

The Argentine has also played for Spanish outfit Elche.

It is thought Caballero could be worth up to £7 million

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-sign-malaga-goalkeeper-3741474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3741474</a>

Mr. Aguia said:
I'm no cynic said:
Marvin said:
Caballero is one of the top keepers in Spanish football.

I watched loads of games on TV last season, and the two best keepers in the Spanish League were Courtois and Caballero.

He's not a kid. he isn't going to come here to sit on the bench. Zero chance of him coming to City.

We are happy with Hart. He is integral to City's defence and he's young. We don't want a challenger to his place, we want a No.2 keeper. Pants was ideal. Very disappointing that he has gone.
And that's the truth. Pants was discarded solely because of our CL restrictions and to spend money needlessly on another import would have been stupid. UEFA have stitched us up more than many here realise.

I don't think that's true. Truth is he wanted to leave last summer. He wants to be a first team keeper. Even if the club was sold on him I doubt he's resign because he's not better than Hart. He had a shot this year and while he was good in most games didn't really own the job. Mancini was going to bring in a replacement for Hart before he was fired. If he thought Pants was the answer he wouldn't have been looking for another keeper. There was talk about us signing Willy last summer and all season there were rumors of us signing Valdes this summer on a free. If MP, Ferran and Txiki were sold on him they wouldn't have been working on signing a new keeper.

I think this is a brilliant signing. Provides fantastic cover if Hart gets injured or a loss of form and will provide real competition for the #1 job which I always believe is a good thing.
He won't be cover,he is a lot better than Joe and if he comes it could spell trouble for him.

FantasyIreland said:
Manchester City have reportedly won the race to sign Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

City have beaten off competition from Barcelona and Arsenal to sign the 32-year-old, according to The Sun on Sunday.

Caballero worked under City boss Manuel Pellegrini when he was manager of Malaga.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-sign-malaga-goalkeeper-3741474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3741474</a>
Well if it's true then it makes the CL squad makeup interesting. Presuming we do get Fernando & Mangala/Benatia then as it stands right now I've got us down as leaving out Garcia, Rodwell and Richards. If Caballero joins too then there's another foreign player having to drop out (or leave entirely).

If this is happening.......

He provides genuine competition for the jersey,Joe may well have to knock the adverts on the head........

He looks a handy fucker as well,being an Argie i'd expect nothing less though.

Him and Sagna are great improvements.

ColinLee said:
FantasyIreland said:

Well if it's true then it makes the CL squad makeup interesting. Presuming we do get Fernando & Mangala/Benatia then as it stands right now I've got us down as leaving out Garcia, Rodwell and Richards. If Caballero joins too then there's another foreign player having to drop out (or leave entirely).
"Catch On Quick Colin" - your new soubriquet ;-)

FantasyIreland said:
If this is happening.......

He provides genuine competition for the jersey,Joe may well have to knock the adverts on the head........

He looks a handy fucker as well,being an Argie i'd expect nothing less though.

Him and Sagna are great improvements.
has the Mirror disclosed its source?

Decent keeper and good cover for Joe, however if he was good enough to challenge the number one spot why isn't he in the argies team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.