Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

NipHolmes said:
coops said:
Decent keeper and good cover for Joe, however if he was good enough to challenge the number one spot why isn't he in the argies team?

Romero was insanely good yesterday and proved his inclusion a valid and sound decision.

Really!? He made one save of note. He has done ok, can you name the other two in the squad without googling it?

coops said:
Decent keeper and good cover for Joe, however if he was good enough to challenge the number one spot why isn't he in the argies team?
Because Sabella likes to play favourites. It's the same reason Federico Fernandez starts at centre-back despite there being a number of better centre-backs available.

Why are we still banging the 'If he's so good why doesn't he start for his country' drum? It's proven bullshit time and time again. It's a measure of fuck all.

ColinLee said:
FantasyIreland said:
Manchester City have reportedly won the race to sign Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

City have beaten off competition from Barcelona and Arsenal to sign the 32-year-old, according to The Sun on Sunday.

Caballero worked under City boss Manuel Pellegrini when he was manager of Malaga.

The Argentine has also played for Spanish outfit Elche.

It is thought Caballero could be worth up to £7 million

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-sign-malaga-goalkeeper-3741474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3741474</a>
Well if it's true then it makes the CL squad makeup interesting. Presuming we do get Fernando & Mangala/Benatia then as it stands right now I've got us down as leaving out Garcia, Rodwell and Richards. If Caballero joins too then there's another foreign player having to drop out (or leave entirely).

Not a chance Garcia is being left out of the champion's league squad. None whatsoever! He is perfect for the champions league in the sitting role that he plays.

117 M34 said:
ColinLee said:
FantasyIreland said:
Manchester City have reportedly won the race to sign Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

City have beaten off competition from Barcelona and Arsenal to sign the 32-year-old, according to The Sun on Sunday.

Caballero worked under City boss Manuel Pellegrini when he was manager of Malaga.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-sign-malaga-goalkeeper-3741474" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-3741474</a>
Well if it's true then it makes the CL squad makeup interesting. Presuming we do get Fernando & Mangala/Benatia then as it stands right now I've got us down as leaving out Garcia, Rodwell and Richards. If Caballero joins too then there's another foreign player having to drop out (or leave entirely).

Not a chance Garcia is being left out of the champion's league squad. None whatsoever! He is perfect for the champions league in the sitting role that he plays.

But Fernando is better in the same role, making it possible Garcia could be sacrificed from the CL squad.

If we sign Caballero, I'm very happy because we're again strengthening the squad (he is better than Pantilimon, some of the suggested keepers were worse) just like with Sagna and Fernando. Has anyone actually read the story in The Sun to see how the original story reads? I can't see anything new on the big Spanish sites yet.

LoveCity said:
117 M34 said:
ColinLee said:

But Fernando is better in the same role, making it possible Garcia could be sacrificed from the CL squad.

If we sign Caballero, I'm very happy because we're again strengthening the squad (he is better than Pantilimon, some of the suggested keepers were worse) just like with Sagna and Fernando. Has anyone actually read the story in The Sun to see how the original story reads? I can't see anything new on the big Spanish sites yet.

If we sign Caballero then not only would we have to leave 2 out the C/L squad with 18 non home grown wouldn't we need to leave somebody out of the Premier League squad too ? If so there must be a plan to sell at least 1 overseas player.

Davs 19 said:
ColinLee said:
MeatHunterrr said:
for sure we have to buy replacement for Negredo for about £20 million we get from him..
Unless we're going more 4 5 1 next season in which case 3 strikers should be fine.

We'd have Dzeko and Kun as out and out 9's and Jovetic who could do a job there if needed.

With the fitness question marks over Kun and Jovetic, we won't go into the season with 2 strikers and an attacking mid that can do a job
I don't know how our £49m budget would have allowed it given the possibility of another £20m+ for Negredo, but I tend to think we missed a trick on Fabregas who would have added to the homegrown allowance, plus an ability to play a false number 9 role. We could have done a Spain [at their peak] and gone 4-6-0 if each of our main strikers were out.

117 M34 said:
ColinLee said:
FantasyIreland said:

Out of :-

1. Zabaleta
2. Kompany
3. Demichelis
4. Kolarov
5. Fernandinho
6. Jovetic
7. Yaya
8. Navas
9. Nasri
10. Silva
11. Aguero
12. Dzeko
13. Negredo
14. Garcia
15. Sagna
16. Fernando(sooner or later :( )
17. Mangala/Benatia (?)
18. Caballero (possibly)

which 2 would you leave out? If Caballero isn't signed (presuming Fernando and a foreign CB are) we still need to leave out at least 1.
The 5 HG quotient would come out of Boyata CT (actually the first name on the list believe it or not presuming again that Richards is history) plus any 4 out of :-

Hart HG
Clichy HG
Milner HG
Rodwell HG
Wright HG (presuming no other goalie signed a necessity)

If Negredo leaves of course that may or may not be a slot freed up depending on if we get a replacement.

ColinLee said:
George Hannah said:
ColinLee said:
"Catch On Quick Colin" - your new soubriquet ;-)
"Most Pointless Posts George" - could be yours ;-)
Onomatopoeiacally confused Colin ;-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.