Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

I have a feeling Pellegrini will have Hart and Caballero battling it out for the number one spot over pre season.

Caballero from what I have seen of him has the ability to play in a top 4 team in the top European leagues and despite Hart having some good moments in the second half of the season he is still too inconsistent for me.

I think that Everton away performance papered over a few cracks if I am honest.

ColinLee said:
117 M34 said:
ColinLee said:
Well if it's true then it makes the CL squad makeup interesting. Presuming we do get Fernando & Mangala/Benatia then as it stands right now I've got us down as leaving out Garcia, Rodwell and Richards. If Caballero joins too then there's another foreign player having to drop out (or leave entirely).

Not a chance Garcia is being left out of the champion's league squad. None whatsoever! He is perfect for the champions league in the sitting role that he plays.
Out of :-

1. Zabaleta
2. Kompany
3. Demichelis
4. Kolarov
5. Fernandinho
6. Jovetic
7. Yaya
8. Navas
9. Nasri
10. Silva
11. Aguero
12. Dzeko
13. Negredo
14. Garcia
15. Sagna
16. Fernando(sooner or later :( )
17. Mangala/Benatia (?)
18. Caballero (possibly)

which 2 would you leave out? If Caballero isn't signed (presuming Fernando and a foreign CB are) we still need to leave out at least 1.
The 5 HG quotient would come out of Boyata CT (actually the first name on the list believe it or not presuming again that Richards is history) plus any 4 out of :-

Hart HG
Clichy HG
Milner HG
Rodwell HG
Wright HG (presuming no other goalie signed a necessity)

If Negredo leaves of course that may or may not be a slot freed up depending on if we get a replacement.
Pogba in for Garcia (HG)
Di Maria for Navas
Sanchez for Negredo

Demichelis PL only - sorted

George Hannah said:
ColinLee said:
117 M34 said:
Not a chance Garcia is being left out of the champion's league squad. None whatsoever! He is perfect for the champions league in the sitting role that he plays.

1. Zabaleta
2. Kompany
3. Demichelis
4. Kolarov
5. Fernandinho
6. Jovetic
7. Yaya
8. Navas
9. Nasri
10. Silva
11. Aguero
12. Dzeko
13. Negredo
14. Garcia
15. Sagna
17. Mangala/Benatia (?)
18. Caballero (possibly)

which 2 would you leave out? If Caballero isn't signed (presuming Fernando and a foreign CB are) we still need to leave out at least 1.
The 5 HG quotient would come out of Boyata CT (actually the first name on the list believe it or not presuming again that Richards is history) plus any 4 out of :-

Hart HG
Clichy HG
Milner HG
Rodwell HG

If Negredo leaves of course that may or may not be a slot freed up depending on if we get a replacement.
Pogba in for Garcia (HG)
Di Maria for Navas
Sanchez for Negredo

Pogba not HG

George Hannah said:
ColinLee said:
117 M34 said:

1. Zabaleta
2. Kompany
3. Demichelis
4. Kolarov
5. Fernandinho
6. Jovetic
7. Yaya
8. Navas
9. Nasri
10. Silva
11. Aguero
12. Dzeko
13. Negredo
14. Garcia
15. Sagna
17. Mangala/Benatia (?)
18. Caballero (possibly)

Hart HG
Clichy HG
Milner HG
Rodwell HG

Pogba in for Garcia (HG)
Di Maria for Navas
Sanchez for Negredo

Sell Rodwell or loan and then use Huwes, lopes or Rekik in CL, mmuch better :)

George Hannah said:
ColinLee said:
117 M34 said:

1. Zabaleta
2. Kompany
3. Demichelis
4. Kolarov
5. Fernandinho
6. Jovetic
7. Yaya
8. Navas
9. Nasri
10. Silva
11. Aguero
12. Dzeko
13. Negredo
14. Garcia
15. Sagna
17. Mangala/Benatia (?)
18. Caballero (possibly)

Hart HG
Clichy HG
Milner HG
Rodwell HG

Pogba in for Garcia (HG)
Di Maria for Navas
Sanchez for Negredo

Has anyone mentioned our transfer cap spending to you at all George?

I have come to the conclusion that to buy

Cabellero
Sagna
Centre back
Fernando

and to ensure we break even under FFP and only have 17 foreigners for CL and 16 for CL in accordance with the current restrictions on us. We can't spend in excess 20m as a net figure. That is why we weren't worried about the 49m cap we weren't going to be spending anywhere near it.

But as always I will be proved wrong (hope so).

Rammyblues said:
I have come to the conclusion that to buy

Cabellero
Sagna
Centre back
Fernando

and to ensure we break even under FFP and only have 17 foreigners for CL and 16 for CL in accordance with the current restrictions on us. We can't spend in excess 20m as a net figure. That is why we weren't worried about the 49m cap we weren't going to be spending anywhere near it.

But as always I will be proved wrong (hope so).

With sales like Negredo we do afford another player to fill the gap, like Sanchez .

Does nt sound like we've even made a bid.....

Club aware of Manchester City interest in player, further friendly to be announced

<a class="postlink" href="http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/club-aware-of-manchester-city-interest-in-player-further-friendly" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topi ... r-friendly</a>

Over the weekend there were claims from several British newspapers that Manchester City were about to sign Willy Caballero from Malaga. The goalkeeper has long been a reported target and confirmed that himself at the end of the last summer transfer window when he said he'd turned down a move to the current Premier League champions.

Spanish newspaper AS say, regardless of what has been claimed by the British press, that there has been no bid made to Malaga, let alone an agreement reached. Malaga have 'categorically denied' having agreed to any deal to sell the Argentine.

However, Malaga are aware of the interest from Manchester City but are waiting to see what happens. Caballero has said in the past that he wouldn't move simply to warm the bench and with Joe Hart already at the club it will be a tough call for Manuel Pellegrini. He obviously rates Caballero very highly but it would be difficult to drop the England goalkeeper, who improved for Manchester City last season.

In other Manchester City news from Spain, Villarreal have been in negotiations to arrange a summer friendly and if those talks don't go wrong then it will be announced soon. The match would take place in England be Villarreal's glamour tie as they also face Middlesbrough and Swansea City.

Follow us on Twitter @Sport_Witness

Hmm, first time I've seen his name linked with us. Is Willy just a red herring...

Sky Bet have opened betting on the future of Asmir Begovic, making Manchester City 4/1 favourites to sign him this summer. Arsenal look the better value at 14/1, while Real Madrid are a 20/1 option.

ColinLee said:
Hmm, first time I've seen his name linked with us. Is Willy just a red herring...

Sky Bet have opened betting on the future of Asmir Begovic, making Manchester City 4/1 favourites to sign him this summer. Arsenal look the better value at 14/1, while Real Madrid are a 20/1 option.
Interesting, Begovic also counts as HG aswell... if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.