Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Davs 19 said:
ElanJo said:
This guy is too good to be backup to anyone

The 3 in front of him for Argentina ?

i reckon he could be our number one by new year

joe is on his last chance in my opinion and i don't think we would be paying not only around 7m for a back up keeper, but a keeper manuel has worked with and trusts.

For what it is worth Caballero's replacement happens to be our Assistant Manager's son.

sam-caddick said:
Davs 19 said:
ElanJo said:
This guy is too good to be backup to anyone

joe is on his last chance in my opinion and i don't think we would be paying not only around 7m for a back up keeper, but a keeper manuel has worked with and trusts.

If hart was on his last chance we wouldn't of got rid of panty because he will become a top goalie at Sunderland

waspish said:
sam-caddick said:
Davs 19 said:

If hart was on his last chance we wouldn't of got rid of panty because he will become a top goalie at Sunderland

I am surprised that Sunderland are going to put Pantillimon as first choice but at the end of the day he was never good enough to challenge Hart.

I just think Caballero is good enough to play for a top 4 team from what I have seen of him and because he has worked with Manuel before and because we look to be willing to pay around 7m for him I don't see him coming to City just to be a bench-warmer to Hart.

I think Manuel will have them both battling it out for a winner takes all with the victor getting the number one position.

Hart came back well from his poor first half of the season form but for me it doesn't take away from his regression in overall ability and inconsistency.

The Everton performance at Goodison papered over a few cracks in my opinion and I am not convinced that Hart is guaranteed to be number one next season.

Seriously,i wasn't aware a replacement had been lined up,certainly not one with club connections..... must surely mean he is en route?

Having been reported in Argentine sports paper Óle and in the Málagueño edition of newspaper SUR, earlier this week, local reports are confirming that Málaga have reached an agreement with 24-year-old Argentine keeper, Agustín Cousillas, who will officially complete his move on a free transfer from Tigre, on 1st June.

It could be more than just a coincidence, but Agustín is the son of former Málaga assistant manager, Rubén Cousillas, who left with Manuel Pellegrini to join Manchester City. Whether his father has had any involvement in the deal however, remains unclear.

Agustín also has an Italian passport, which means that he won’t take up a foreign player slot in the Málaga squad. The questions that arise now, are regarding the futures of Willy Caballero and Carlos Kameni.

Kameni has made no secret of his frustrations, at limited starting opportunities, unable to oust Willy from his position. However, speculation gathers momentum that Willy could be destined for either Manchester City or Arsenal this summer, which would place Kameni as the most experienced goalkeeper at the club, should his Argentine team-mate leave.

For his part, Agustín has only made fleeting appearances in Argentine football with Tigre last season, so his signing is perhaps regarded as being one for the future and as backup, to whoever is the first-choice keeper at Málaga, during the upcoming 2014-2015 campaign in La Liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.