Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Wow..not took much notice of this thread as it was thought he was just another 2nd keeper

But the praise on here has made me sit up and take notice

I'm gathering he's decent enough to challenge Joe?

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Wow..not took much notice of this thread as it was thought he was just another 2nd keeper

thats is understating it.. he is very good keeper and possibly can even nick the #1 spot.

he is 32 and what I see is a very good keeper. Will ofcourse start for FA and the capital...then depends on Hart.

with Joe having genuine competition....hope he gets back to the 2011/12 form ...will help with the HG too

Willy Caballero

Big Willy saves a Ronaldo penalty v Real Madrid:

<a class="postlink" href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YV18g2DWfKA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YV18g2DWfKA</a>

MeatHunterrr said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

thats is understating it.. he is very good keeper and possibly can even nick the #1 spot.

Really ? I hope he turns out to be the best we've ever had. The fact that he can't make an Argentina squad not exactly blessed with GK talent makes me doubt it.

I'd obviously love to be wrong.

Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:

Really ? I hope he turns out to be the best we've ever had. The fact that he can't make an Argentina squad not exactly blessed with GK talent makes me doubt it.

Fernandinho's struggles to get into the Brazil side shows how international caps/selection is such a poor indicator of how good a player is.

SrilankanBlue said:
Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Fernandinho's struggles to get into the Brazil side shows how international caps/selection is such a poor indicator of how good a player is.

Completely different. Brazil rarely pick players plying their trade in Eastern Europe.

Argentina have never had a problem picking Spanish based players.

SrilankanBlue said:
Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:

This.

Many believe Caballero should be in a top 4 European team and it looks like he finally is.

I wouldn't say Hart's number one position is nailed on at all, Pellegrini has worked and obviously trusts Caballero and or us to go out and spend close to 10m and go aganst any homegrown keeper tells me that Caballero is here to fight it out with Joe.

I personally think Hart has been regressing a few years now, he still has top class moments but for me he is too inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.