Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Cadena Cope reporting he's a done deal apparently (someone verify though because Tancredi chats shite)

@tancredipalmeri 17s
BOOM! Manchester City have signed Willy Caballero from Malaga according to Cadena Cope. Fantastic signing. Hart to go?

Thenumber1blue said:
razman said:
will really keep Joe on his toes

surprised Willy will be happy to be No.2

CB the only thing left now :D
He won't be No.2 !
Clearly he will be.

Perhaps he'll be our CL and Cup 'keeper like Casillas was for Madrid last season.

Awesome signing,a reliable,and,in this case,brilliant.......number two is not to be underestimated.

He will at least push Joe on,and may even nick the jersey.

And he's Argie!! I fookin love em!

i was happy how Joe came back to what he can be when he was kept out...so I hope the pressure of him having a class keeper as No. 2 ( I am pretty he will be at least initially) will make perform at his optimum ...

It's a weird one. It makes sense to have 3 homegrown keepers so that we can have the maximum number of foreign outfield players. I guess they decided there was nobody good enough available?

Tricky_Trev said:
It's a weird one. It makes sense to have 3 homegrown keepers so that we can have the maximum number of foreign outfield players. I guess they decided there was nobody good enough available?

There really isn't. It would be ideal to have 3 HG keepers, but there isn't one except Begovic (who I didn't even know counted as HG till someone on here said it, but who would want to start as a #1 wherever he went) who can really challenge Hart. And I firmly believe City intend on having a #2 not just to deputise, but to challenge Hart after his regression since the 2011/12 season. Hart has recovered from that awful spell but still isn't the keeper he was in our title-winning campaign IMO.

If Willy joins, he will start as our cup goalkeeper but Pellegrini has shown he will choose players on merit and Caballero is twice the keeper Panti is. Like every other position on the pitch, now there will be genuine competition for the #1 spot.

LoveCity said:
Tricky_Trev said:

There really isn't. It would be ideal to have 3 HG keepers, but there isn't one except Begovic (who I didn't even know counted as HG till someone on here said it, but who would want to start as a #1 wherever he went) who can really challenge Hart. And I firmly believe City intend on having a #2 not just to deputise, but to challenge Hart after his regression since the 2011/12 season. Hart has recovered from that awful spell but still isn't the keeper he was in our title-winning campaign IMO.

If Willy joins, he will start as our cup goalkeeper but Pellegrini has shown he will choose players on merit and Caballero is twice the keeper Panti is. Like every other position on the pitch, now there will be genuine competition for the #1 spot.

seeing how hart had to improve after he was dropped and had a pretty good run in ....this can be only be good for Joe

I doubt very much he will be coming as a certain number two.

I personally think Pellegrini will have him and Hart battling it out over pre-season with the victor taking the number one position.

I really don't think we would be spending close to 10m on a foreign goalkeeper who has not only worked and is trusted by Pellegrini, but a keeper many believe should be playing in a top 4 European team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.