Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Spanish radio station Cadena Cope have revealed on Tuesday that Manchester City have signed Malaga goalkeeper Willy Caballero.

There has been speculation for a few days now that Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini would return to his former club to sign a keeper.

Caballero has been impressive in La Liga for a number of years now, particularly under Pellegrini at Malaga and can count himself unlucky not to be part of Argentina’s World Cup squad.

Cope report that Caballero already has an agreement with Manchester City and the two clubs are likely to come to an agreement pretty quickly thanks to the Premier League side’s healthy financial state.

It us unclear whether Caballero will come in at the Etihad as a replacement for Joe Hart or back up for the England goalkeeper.

Has to be back up.... My profile name would have Willy of the matter otherwise. Don't think it quite works

Lolololol funny that people think he'll be a backup. I don't think so as he's on a different level to Hart. But this will give Hart huge competition to get better. Pellegrini wants Hart to improve and become the best as he's got so much more potential. At least that's how I see it. Whether or not if that's true we'll see.

If this is all over Spanish radio then surely is can't be far off being announced?

Joe tore up trees with Given behind him.

This can only be good.

If Willy becomes number 1 then so be it.

I support Manchester City Football Club. Not Joe Hart.

If we get him and he took number one spot...We'd likely have no English players in our starting 11..Be like Arsenal before Walcott

Hart of the matter said:
Has to be back up.... My profile name would have Willy of the matter otherwise. Don't think it quite works
A matter of Willy?

I cant see this deal happening, both Joe and Caballero are at an age in which they need to be playing first team football and I cant imagine the club selling Joe and I cant see Joe staying if he is second choice. Caballero will be 33 soon and Hart has only just turned 27. Caballero has no EPL experience which is a league that keepers from Spain don't always settle the best. In my opinion if Caballero comes here he will be a back up and is choosing a last payday over regular football which would be disappointing as I rate him far to good to be a bench warmer.

dachoosen1 said:
I cant see this deal happening, both Joe and Caballero are at an age in which they need to be playing first team football and I cant imagine the club selling Joe and I cant see Joe staying if he is second choice. Caballero will be 33 soon and Hart has only just turned 27. Caballero has no EPL experience which is a league that keepers from Spain don't always settle the best. In my opinion if Caballero comes here he will be a back up and is choosing a last payday over regular football which would be disappointing as I rate him far to good to be a bench warmer.

I wouldn't say so mate.

We could have the choice of a lot of goalkeepers in the world to play for us as a number two but it looks like we are going against our much need homegrown quota by going foreign and buying a goalkeeper for close to 10m who has not only worked and is trusted by Pellegrini, but is viewed by many as a player who should be in a top 4 European team.

I personally think he is here to battle it out with Joe and it would not surprise me seeing him as our number one next season.

I think Pellegrini will have them both battling it out for a winner takes all over pre-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.