Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

El Mago said:
I don't see the point in signing foreign GK that will not help us with the HG quota.

To an extent I agree. No 2 keeper seems an ideal squad place to use to fulfill the quota, problem is finding a decent enough English keeper for the role I suppose. Mind you, it seems Caballero is a Pellegrini favourite so the sub keeper could well be English in a few months anyway.

Lancet Fluke said:
El Mago said:
I don't see the point in signing foreign GK that will not help us with the HG quota.

To an extent I agree. No 2 keeper seems an ideal squad place to use to fulfill the quota, problem is finding a decent enough English keeper for the role I suppose. Mind you, it seems Caballero is a Pellegrini favourite so the sub keeper could well be English in a few months anyway.

I think you're bang on with that scenario LF.

How is Caballero being left out of the Argentina team by Romero?? Romero isn't even that good

Negredo09 said:
How is Caballero being left out of the Argentina team by Romero?? Romero isn't even that good

We have heard twice in the thread so far that it may be because Lionel doesn't like him. Not sure if anybody on here knows why though ?

Having not seen much of him I will concede to those that have that he is probably a great keeper and is capable of pushing Joe Hart for the top spot.

My opinion however is that it would be better for the Club to use up the second keeper ( and the third choice) with home grown spots for FFP reasons and we can then spend our Money on areas of the side that really need it.

Sounds a lot for a number two. Unless he's not intended to be number two, in which case Hart wouldn't stay as number two, but how much would he be worth? More than £8m I'd suggest

IanBishopsHaircut said:
If Lionel doesn't like him...how's that gonna work when we eventually sign him?

Messi's mate happens to be the current Argentinian no 1, so you are right that it could be a problem signing Messi in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.