Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

His name was willy
he was a keeper
he couldn't fall upon his arse
unless willy was at half mast

I'll get my coat,lola wants her song back

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 5h
AS: Malaga say no agreement has been reached with City over Willy Caballero, with the club wanting at least £8m for the goalkeeper.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
AS: Malaga say no agreement has been reached with City over Willy Caballero, with the club wanting at least £8m for the goalkeeper.

That's about 110k per inch.

nmc said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

That's about 110k per inch.

That's a tad too much.

I think I'm in a vast minority here in not wanting this one to go through. I'm a big advocate of the "2 players for every position, it's a modern game" argument but it just doesn't happen successfully for keepers, in large part because they don't require rest or recovery like outfielders do. I understand Chelsea bringing Courtois home, because he's the keeper of the future, but everyone agrees that Cech isn't going to happily play second fiddle and stick around to fight for his spot after a year of that, right? Feel like it'll be the same for Joe and Willy, except in Chelsea's case they're exchanging a 32 year-old keeper for a 22 year-old, and in our case we're exchanging a 27 year-old keeper for a 32 year-old.

I know it's a delicate balance. Joe needs competition. But I think we're overshooting that balance in signing someone like Willy who deserves (and expects) to start games. I can't remember this particular blend of two marquee keepers happily coexisting. I'm sure there are some outlier examples of it working over several seasons (and I'm curious to read what they are if anyone wants to point them), but in general it seems like one of them has to go after a year.

If we want to replace Joe, I'm open to that. But I'd rather sign a young world class keeper (maybe next season when we're out of the FFP woods) and be honest about what we're doing.

Can see him coming and giving real support to joe and cover for league cup/some champs league games. 1 to 2 years of this will make us stronger and improve joe

exactly why are we paying 8 mill on a player we can get just as good for free. two first choice goalies all but always fails after all its impossible for a goalie to play all season without injury and harts wobbles last season are wildly over hyped get carson as an understudy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.