Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Aside from all the arguing/debate, I think it's fair to say that Willy is being acquired to compete with Joe for the main keeping spot.

I only see that as a positive, either Joe stays at the top of his form or he's benched.

I hope Willy does take the shirt,it will mean he is even better than the outstanding keeper we already have.

If Joe reacted negatively to that scenario then he isn't the character I believe him to be.

Rammy Blue said:
Aside from all the arguing/debate, I think it's fair to say that Willy is being acquired to compete with Joe for the main keeping spot.

I only see that as a positive, either Joe stays at the top of his form or he's benched.
Precisely.

It is going to be a battle between the two keepers but it will benefit the team and Hart as well.

Ray78 said:
It is going to be a battle between the two keepers but it will benefit the team and Hart as well.

Exactly, good move all round IF it is true !!!!!!!!!!

Those who think willy will be our no1 are in for a big shock. Great support for joe

City_Watch
AS: Zuculini signed for City today until 2019 and Málaga have asked for him on loan. Could be used to lower the fee for Willy Caballero.

Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:
Chipmeister said:
I don't see this happening, not for football reasons, and certainly not in the present climate of FFP restraints we are working within.

A keeper past 30 with no premier league experience for 6 mill no thanks hope we are not just looking after a good pro with friends in high places

Maybe Pellegrini isn't convinced by Joe and therefore wants a keeper who he has worked with and trusts to replace him.

Caballero is one of the best in Spain.

Joe's one of the best in England. I don't really get your point. Willy can't even make an Argentina squad not exactly blessed with goalkeeping talent (please don't give me the 'Messi doesn't want him in the squad' line that nobody can substantiate).

Caballero may or may not be better than Joe but there's not exactly a stampede of top clubs breaking the door down to sign him, is there ?

Nasri didn't make the French squad either. We don't know the situation. Did he retire from internationals? Maybe the manager has issues with him? Maybe his age? None of us know why but those of us who have seen him at Malaga has seen a very good keeper who's 2 bad calls away from helping his club get to the semifinal of the UCL.

Thought Zuculino was headed for Seville?

We have a budget this season which will obviously determine who we can sign, I personally don't think we need to spend 6mill of the budget on a keeper who will be back up to the excellent Joe Hart.

Chipmeister said:
We have a budget this season which will obviously determine who we can sign, I personally don't think we need to spend 6mill of the budget on a keeper who will be back up to the excellent Joe Hart.

100% disagree we need quality back up so Hart can have a rest when needed !! As proven last season taking Hart out for a few weeks that didnt do no harm
did it !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.