Wimbledon 2024

Yeah, she didn't look overly sharp towards the end.
Who know what happened. Lots riding on her etc.

She'll bounce back.

She is physically and mentally weak. This qualifier from NZ has battered her.
That, I agree, is the essence of her performances. The NZ girl had three qualifying rounds to get to this point! Raducanu is the typical plucky British loser who might, one competition in twenty, put in a notable performance, but who the meedya sweep to success before a ball is hit. And do they believe the press hype? Too many do!

No comparison, Henman was a nearly man, never won a Grand Slam. Raducanu has done, and is the first ‘British’ woman to do so since 1977
Not sure about that. Henman got to number 4 in the world and was a top 10 player for many seasons, reaching the semi finals at 3 out of the 4 grand slams.

Radacanu has one grand slam when the field was decimated by COVID and she’s done nowt since.

Any if you think the BBC went over the top with Henman and then Murray, the hype for Radacanu this year has been ludicrous.

Not sure about that. Henman got to number 4 in the world and was a top 10 player for many seasons, reaching 3 grand slam semi finals.

Radacanu has one grand slam when the field was decimated by COVID and she’s done nowt since.

Any of you think the BBC went over the top with Henman and then Murray, the hype for Radacanu this year has been ludicrous.
I don’t think they went over the top with Murray. He won multiple major honours and reached world No1. Plenty of time for Raducanu to get back on track, she’s still only 21, but I think she’s very injury prone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.