Wimbledon 2024

I don’t think they went over the top with Murray. He won multiple major honours and reached world No1. Plenty of time for Raducanu to get back on track, she’s still only 21, but I think she’s very injury prone.
No argument about Murray - his record speaks for itself. Its more the way the BBC big up British players for no reason.

Its a bit like that on here - pages and pages on Radacanu yet players like Sinner, Alacaraz and Zverev hardly get a mention :)

I don’t think they went over the top with Murray. He won multiple major honours and reached world No1. Plenty of time for Raducanu to get back on track, she’s still only 21, but I think she’s very injury prone.
You just knew she'd have an 'injury' when she lost the first set. Low and behold she starts doing back stretches!
It used to be 'don't show your opponent you're injured'. Now they're like Bakayo Saka and his limp.

I do like Raducanu but she's made of glass.

You just knew she'd have an 'injury' when she lost the first set. Low and behold she starts doing back stretches!
It used to be 'don't show your opponent you're injured'. Now they're like Bakayo Saka and his limp.

A bit like John Stones;) (don’t tell Eccles Blue I said that). When Raducanu got back to one set all, that was the time to carry on. That break took all the momentum away. Her opponent was too strong for her, her forehand was so powerful, I was shouting to the telly for Radacanu to try not to hit it to her forehand but I think she found it hard to control each return. Shame really but well done to Sun, a deserved winner.

When she fell over and “hurt” her leg I am sure there was nothing wrong with her - very soft

When she fell over and “hurt” her leg I am sure there was nothing wrong with her - very soft
Some on here have called her 'mentally weak'. I totally agree.
To her she's looking for an 'injury' to blame a defeat on.
It's almost as though in tight matches she expects to lose, so has to have an excuse.

It's like the worker who comes in saying they don't feel well just in case they're off the next day!!!!!!

Some on here have called her 'mentally weak'. I totally agree.
To her she's looking for an 'injury' to blame a defeat on.
It's almost as though in tight matches she expects to lose, so has to have an excuse.

It's like the worker who comes in saying they don't feel well just in case they're off the next day!!!!!!
Botm. It was a minor fall, it was as if she couldn’t decide was it her leg hurting or her back. Her physio looked confused about it too

She loves An excuse before a pressure game when everyone is expecting her to win easily! Better to say nought get beat then after the game say something about the wrist then say it's no excuse.

To win that major tournament every game she played she had zero pressure no one expected her to win, she won her earlier rounds comfortably but the spot light was on a lot of other British players and Murray..

She is a fantastic player just she needs shift some of her mentality..

Watched a bit over the weekend, had to turn off the Women's match Collins vs the Brazilian as the American was basically screaming on every point "with effort". Seriously that needs to be addressed its just not necessary. Watched Sinner yesterday and he is a great player to watch, great ground strokes and power.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.