Win the title this season and we end United's era

Prestwich_Blue said:
It's great isn't it. We've now got the core of a side that can stay together for 4 or 5 years with a little tinkering required here and there, under a manager with a 5-year contract and with owners who can fund that success.

They're now the ones where the core of the side and the manager who makes them what they are will be gone in a couple of years, with owners wh oare clearly desperate to milk them for every penny in order to pay off their own and the club's debts.

If the same happens when Baconface retires as happened when Busby went, the whole thing could conceivably collapse like a pack of cards. Even if it didn't, they could quite possibly end up like Liverpool.

I predict the same thing WILL happen, Busby walked the corridors like 'Marleys Ghost' and everytime the players didn't like any decisions, Wilf Mc Guinnes made, they scampered off to Busby and poor old Wilf was undermined.
Any manager worth their salt will have it written into their contract that , at the first sign of interference from Slur Alec, they'll bugger off at warp speed!!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I wonder what Ferguson thought about on his way to work on September 1st 2008. Doubtless Dimatar Berbatov would have occupied his mind. We'll tie that up later today he would have said to himself, we are, after all Champions League holders. We always get our man.

One thing I am certain he wouldn't have thought about was little old City. He'd probably heard whispers about the club going into administration and had a little chuckle to himself, but nothing more than that.

And here we are less than four years later and the club down the road, so long a source of mirth to him - a small club with a small mentality - has it within its grasp to tarnish his legacy.

Ferguson has staked everything on this transfer reclaiming the title for his club and for him to be able to walk away with his head held high. It is simply not in his DNA to walk away a beaten man. The manner of last seasons denouement will have ensured that he is possessed by this. The fact it is City will ensure that he is consumed by it.

There is little in life that is more satisfying than seeing someone you dislike fail to get their heart's desire. Let's do everything we can, as supporters, to achieve that aim.

Bring it on.

Excelling post. Bacon face died a little inside on the last day of the season. Lets hope we can finish the **** off this time(metaphorically of course, not literally)

Tbilisi said:
Marvin said:
TonyM said:
If we win we will be happy but if we lose Ferguson could be gone. Decent consolation.

Personally I like that we are in for a battle. I don't think there is a clear favorite. It'll be interesting. Plus this years only our second attempt at the CL. I think we could improve on this front.

Can't wait!!! :-)
Me too. Every point we can eke out over Utd will pile the pressure on them. If we can get ahead of them early, it will start to dawn on them very quickly what's at stake

As much as I hate the vermin I have to say that without them last season it would have been vey boring.

Excellent Post - but you must mean fucking unbelievably amazing instead of boring

But know what your getting at

The rags signing RVP changes nothing, their squad is inferior in every department, and if we avoid any sort of off-field shenanigans like last year we should be looking at a 10-12 gap at the end.<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:59 pm --<br /><br />
stony said:
I wonder what Ferguson thought about on his way to work on September 1st 2008. Doubtless Dimatar Berbatov would have occupied his mind. We'll tie that up later today he would have said to himself, we are, after all Champions League holders. We always get our man.

One thing I am certain he wouldn't have thought about was little old City. He'd probably heard whispers about the club going into administration and had a little chuckle to himself, but nothing more than that.

And here we are less than four years later and the club down the road, so long a source of mirth to him - a small club with a small mentality - has it within its grasp to tarnish his legacy.

Ferguson has staked everything on this transfer reclaiming the title for his club and for him to be able to walk away with his head held high. It is simply not in his DNA to walk away a beaten man. The manner of last seasons denouement will have ensured that he is possessed by this. The fact it is City will ensure that he is consumed by it.

There is little in life that is more satisfying than seeing someone you dislike fail to get their heart's desire. Let's do everything we can, as supporters, to achieve that aim.

Bring it on.

Excelling post. Bacon face died a little inside on the last day of the season. Lets hope we can finish the **** off this time(metaphorically of course, not literally)

Why not 'finish him off'? he's been running us down for years :)

M24-CRC said:
Tony Adcock said:
I posted this in transfer section earlier......... Biggest thing for me is that we are looking at the longer term picture.

With rags signing RVP it means that arguably 7 of there current first 11 are going to be over 30 in 12 months time.....

RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Giggs
Scholes
Carrick

Now maybe they feel they have replacements already for some of these......but not all ... That is some serious money they will need to find to replace these lot in next couple of years.

we however are already looking at our replacements...hence rodwell.

I for one like our long term outlook. We may lose the odd battle......but we will win the war !

they have younger replacements for every one of those players in their current squad.
I'm not saying that all of the replacements are good enough...just that they are already there

they might have replacement but it doesnt mean they`ll be swapping like for like.

and there young player seem as injury prone as their old codgers, chris appalling spend more time on the treatment table than wio and thats a considerable amount.

Bring it on.

A couple of top signings this summer would have finished him off without doubt. I'm not so sure now though.

Thats a hell of a lot of assumptions aint it? why would Fungus suddenly fuck off if they lost the league this year?? whats so special about this year?? where have you plucked that one from or are you passing off a random hopeful guess as fact?? theyll have no money to spend to replace players? havnt we heard this argument for the last 10 years?? i was told they had no money this summer which turns out to be utter bollocks yet again, theyll always have money they make too much off the field not to, thankfully we'll always have more so i dont really care ;)

What i will say is its clearly down to us why fungus has gone in so big for such an established player as its been totaly against his and their policy for years, make no mistake had they won the league last season they wouldnt be doing this right now, its a direct reaction to us and thats the biggest compliment you can give Mancini and the players, but United wont be going anywhere anytime soon and this thread is a bit of a joke really, youve basically just put a load of "i wish this would happen" fairytales together and tried to make it sound logical, its not, fungus wont leave on a downer hes to up his own legacy for that, hes more likely to bow out after a title or european success, much more likely, have said it before that bloke will die in that job he'll never retire least of all walk off into the sunset after losing out to us you really think hed go like that?? delusional.

I think if Mancini wanted RVP he would of got him but I think he feels Arsenal have over priced him.

I still feel Mancini has a trick up his sleeve before the transfer window closes.

Media going on we had made no signings (1 now with Rodwell), at that time UNited had only signed Kagawa (who every united fan I know thinks hes the next Scholes) so all in all now, they have bought 1 more player than us.

Hardly ground breaking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.