with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
BSyQfzAIQAIc6xX.jpg

Iv got a feeling were gona get Celtic .. Will know by this time tommorrow can't wait euros away

Can see us getting a reasonable draw this time.

Hoping for Barcelona Milan and Vienna but there are loads of great places to get to.

I think Milan are the best option in Pot 2 to ensure we avoid Napoli and they aren't as good as they once were. Balotelli is by far and away their best player and it could be argued he's a City reject. That arguments for another time though before anyone starts! But I think you'll struggle to find anyone who would disagree in saying its their worst team for over 15 years

Got a feeling a Pot 1 team will get screwed over. United PSG Dortmund and Napoli would be an interesting introduction for Moyes

6one said:
By my calculations, unless we perform really well, ie. winning it. (or Europa league as pts not dissimilar) we will not make it into Pot 1 until 2017/18 season.

What! That's 4 more seasons of rigged champion league groups. Meanwhile all Arsenal have to do is pip spurs by one point to 4th place and overcome a shit team in a qualifier over two legs to get in pot 1, whilst meanwhile we open up big points gap over them in the league season after season. These so called seeding rules really annoy me.

Look we smashed up the EPL top 4 cartel we now need to gate-crash this 8 euro club pot 1 cartel. I have nothing against Real, Barca, Bayern etc. but those 3 English clubs who have occupied it for so long are not deserving to be there over us. We will have to smash that cartel up by kicking some arse in Europe! Come on you blues!!

Mancity1980 said:
6one said:
By my calculations, unless we perform really well, ie. winning it. (or Europa league as pts not dissimilar) we will not make it into Pot 1 until 2017/18 season.

What! That's 4 more seasons of rigged champion league groups.

There may be changes before then, even Platini admitted the seeding system wasn't very good and could be reassessed.

If, somehow, we get knocked out of the group stage again - if we could actually win the Europa League, that would help a lot with our coefficient.

Frankly I want the easiest draw possible. I wanted Barca when we got Madrid instead, but now I just want something we'de have to spectacularly fuck up not to progress from. Start making a good dent in the CL and start getting our coefficient up, sod going down in a blaze of glory, plenty of time for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.