with the CL draw almost upon us

Status
Not open for further replies.
RobertBlue said:
bluesmith said:
teddykgb said:
I'm not sure how much I want the second pot this season. Pot 3 might be the most talented pot of all of them, even if we're put in pot 2.
Pot 2 will be comfortably stronger than pot 3

But I thought its been mentioned dortmund, juventus and galatasary are in pot 3? Other than psg and ac milan I dont think that the teams in pot 2 are teams we should be worried of...
Hopefully we get porto or benfica in pot 1 then I dont care who else we draw...
Juventus almost certainly will be in pot 2. Only Dortmund from Pot 3 worry me. All the teams in pot 2 are much better than Galatasaray.

Deepest Blue said:
teddykgb said:
Hihosilva said:
If PAOK FC and PSV Eindhoven qualify tonight & tomorrow then we will be promoted second seeds.

I'm not sure how much I want the second pot this season. Pot 3 might be the most talented pot of all of them, even if we're put in pot 2.
Yep here be monsters in each pot.

And we'll find 'em.

We might not get the kind of group we had last season but there'll be an attempt to stitch us one way or the other. But I thought last season that we had the wherewithal to get through the group had we put together a performance. For 85 mins at the Bernabeu I thought we'd done it!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
For 85 mins at the Bernabeu I thought we'd done it!
People do forget it was that close. God knows what happened at the end tho, we just crumbled like cookie.

bluesmith said:
RobertBlue said:
bluesmith said:
Pot 2 will be comfortably stronger than pot 3

But I thought its been mentioned dortmund, juventus and galatasary are in pot 3? Other than psg and ac milan I dont think that the teams in pot 2 are teams we should be worried of...
Hopefully we get porto or benfica in pot 1 then I dont care who else we draw...
Juventus almost certainly will be in pot 2. Only Dortmund from Pot 3 worry me. All the teams in pot 2 are much better than Galatasaray.

You are, of course, right in the sense that if we go, Juve already went to pot 2, and it's probably worth it to avoid Juve, PSG, and Milan/Schalke/Atletico based on qualifying results.

But I'd be hard pressed to choose between those teams and the possibility of drawing Borussia and Napoli if we're in Pot 2.

Nonetheless, Pot 2 would be better, just not as better as you might think. We're still quite likely to be in for a hell of a challenge no matter what.

IrelandSuperman said:
People do forget it was that close. God knows what happened at the end tho, we just crumbled like cookie.
Turning point of the season imo.

Don't really care who we get in the draw, its fixed so for all the talk of seeds and pots it really means noult.

Chelsea last year were a "Pot One" team and were in a group with Shaktar and Juve. Subsequently they were knocked out.

This is what will happen......we'll end up getting fckd over by the draw again.
The RAGS will end up with a piece of piss again.

Only this year where gonna upset twatini and make it out of our group.Good Times.

IrelandSuperman said:

The score was close but the game wasn't. THey played us off the pitch. Battered our goal all night. Hart made a few fantastic saves that kept the game respectable. They had 35 shots, 12 on target to our 10 and 3.

IrelandSuperman said:

A Garcia flavoured cookie.<br /><br />-- Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:48 pm --<br /><br />Can some kind soul list who's in what pots?

Hihosilva said:
If PAOK FC and PSV Eindhoven qualify tonight & tomorrow then we will be promoted second seeds.
FAIL.
For us to end up in Pot 2, we need 3 of Arsenal, Lyon, Schalke, AC Milan and Zenit to NOT win their 4th round play off games. We'll be top of pot 3 at this rate.

Mr. Aguia said:
IrelandSuperman said:

The score was close but the game wasn't. THey played us off the pitch. Battered our goal all night. Hart made a few fantastic saves that kept the game respectable. They had 35 shots, 12 on target to our 10 and 3.
We still should have won it though, leading with 3 minutes to play we should have had the nouse to see that out. It was a great game of football though, not many teams will score twice there, in any competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.