Wolfsburg are holding out for 30m for Dzeko (allegedly)

Blue Train said:
Also, we're apparently desperate to pay the same amount for Tevez, a striker who got 5 goals last season.

Dzeko is a goal machine. Whoever buys him will have their league's top scorer next season.

bollocks

like shevchenko? like pizarro?

So what?

Paying over the odds for players isn't really gonna hurt us anymore. Richest club in the world and all that.

This guy would clearly be a much better prospect than RSC, much more realistic than Eto'o and by all accounts (admittedly I've not reen much of this guy personally) would be absolutely ideal for out needs:

- Physical presence: Check
- Goalscoring record: Check
- Background: Check (Tough, Physical Bosnian playing in Germany - likely to be well suited to PL)
- Age: Check (23, ready to enter his prime, still scope for development)

I'm not saying that we should pay the full 30m, but I wouldn't mind gambling on an inflated fee for the player because he has the potential to fit the bill so perfectly.

We should stop asking what his value in the marketplace is and start asking what his value could be to us.

Monkey Boy Blue said:
So what?

Paying over the odds for players isn't really gonna hurt us anymore. Richest club in the world and all that.

This guy would clearly be a much better prospect than RSC, much more realistic than Eto'o and by all accounts (admittedly I've not reen much of this guy personally) would be absolutely ideal for out needs:

- Background: Check (Tough, Physical Bosnian playing in Germany - likely to be well suited to PL)

I'm not saying that we should pay the full 30m, but I wouldn't mind gambling on an inflated fee for the player because he has the potential to fit the bill so perfectly.

We should stop asking what his value in the marketplace is and start asking what his value could be to us.

Spot on. If the rags sell Ladyboy for 80m and get Dzeko on the cheap, they will have done the deal of the summer.

This kid will absolutely piss it in the Premiership for all the reasons you've highlighted.

get a grip, sold tranny and dzeko for 30 mill deal of the season?

jesus christ

1 season.... german league....

30 million?!?!?!

he is a prick anyway and thinks we arent good enough to have him so....

id let him have another season in germany. if he hs another great season maybe 30m. but i would much rather buy proven prem like drogba (but eto'o would be welcome as well of course). but for anything under 20m id take a punt

His stats seem to indicate he's a really good striker, but I reckon half that £30m price tag, at most, is probably his value.

Wasn't it only a matter of a day or two ago that it was being said Wolfsburg would accept £9m, which would triple the amount they spent on him?

Monkey Boy Blue said:
So what?

spot on! especially the value to us bit

MouldensChippy said:
Bunk said:
Should we try and pounce for this this guy? I think he'd be worth a punt for 30m. Milan seem to be getting cold feet.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/06/11/1318380/adriano-galliani-milan-may-drop-interest-in-wolfsburg-star" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... sburg-star</a>

Of course, you are perfectly within your rights to get your hand in your own pocket (being as 30 mill is only a punt to you), and present him as a present to the club and its supporters.

Paul.

When your net-worth is over a trillion USD, a 30m footballer is comparable to a penny sweet. I'll say it again, for 30m he'd be worth a punt. If Jo was worth a punt then Dzeko certainly is.

I'd offer them £15 million, take it or leave, offer him the same wages as Wayne Bridge, take it or leave it, then if either turn it down, move on. He's a good player but i don't think he's worth anguishing over.

Doesn't sound like he's dead interested to be honest though...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Football/2009/06/11/BundesligaSerie-A-DzekoGalliani-on-future/gnid-56613/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.setanta.com/uk/Articles/Foot ... nid-56613/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.