Wolfsburg are holding out for 30m for Dzeko (allegedly)

city stew said:
MCFC-alan88 said:
Too much of a risk, unproven in the PL, one good season in Germany and they are asking 30m, no way.
so is every player that aint played in england so the likes of eto'o and so on .... we shouldnt go for them eaither !!!???

Maybe he is trying to say he has not proved anything at top level. Not played in the CL & never played in one of the top leagues. I don't have an opinion as I have never seen him play.

I think people arguing here about he's price tag are quiet right. With the inflated prices this summer, a player that worth 15-20 mil in recent years would easilly be sold for 30-35 mil euros this summer.

I've seen a couple of games for Wolfsburg this season and seen Dzeko playing he looked good. But again this is he's first season ever that he clicked on both the club level and NT level. The seasons before that he was pretty average ( what i heard from Bundesliga fans ).

Luca toni last season was the top scorer of the Bundesliga with totall goals in both the cup and league = 39 goals and 12 assists. And this season he was pretty poor there which again questions how really tough is it to be top scorer in the bundesliga !!

I think its a gamble to sign this guy, but if the price is right 15 - 20 mil max then it would be an OK risk but anything more than that is just unreallistic and huge risk for any club........

interisti said:
Luca toni last season was the top scorer of the Bundesliga with totall goals in both the cup and league = 39 goals and 12 assists. And this season he was pretty poor there which again questions how really tough is it to be top scorer in the bundesliga !!

The thing is with Luca Toni though is that he's passed it. He's 34 now, and he had a nasty injury before his bad form too. The body will only take so much and then give up on you. So its hard to judge Dzeko to him in all honesty

Truth is...you take a risk on any player coming from another country but football is a risky business.

cyclops said:
jimmy blue shoes said:
If Jo was worth £19M, this lad could be a steal at £30M.

Jo wasn't worth £19M though

My point being we paid £19M for shit so £30M for what looks to be a quality player could be a bargain.

Pocket change Shirley!

Would rather pay £90M for Dzeko, Tevez and Eto'o than we nearly did for one player (Kaka). All kinds of attacking options with these three.

Ricster said:
interisti said:

The thing is with Luca Toni though is that he's passed it. He's 34 now, and he had a nasty injury before his bad form too. The body will only take so much and then give up on you. So its hard to judge Dzeko to him in all honesty

Yeah i guess you're right on this.

But still i think that 30 mil for Dzeko is an inflated price for the guy. 15-20 mil is the probably the fair price.

Bayern munich paid 30 mil euros for Mario Gomez this summer he's as old as Dzeko (both 23) but Gomez was constantly scoring around 20+ goals for the last 3 seasons in the league. So he was a proven player for more than one season while Dzeko has just started scoring many goals this season.

Personaly i always had my doubts about players that tend to look really good when they're whole team is performing well. Grafite the brazilian attacker playing next to Dzeko have scored 28 goals as well this season for Wolfsburg. The whole team had an exceptionaly great season overall thats why i just don't think that Dzeko is that special really.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.