Wolfsburg are holding out for 30m for Dzeko (allegedly)

agreed 30 mil is not a lot to adug, but if he is another foreign flop it damages the credibility of the club , Credibility is what the owners crave , i think they are still smarting over the last slapping we got from the media .Any transfer has an element of risk , but this seems a bit reckless (imo)

MCFC-alan88 said:
Too much of a risk, unproven in the PL, one good season in Germany and they are asking 30m, no way.

Obviously haven't seen him play if you think its to big a risk, and if Tranny is worth £80m, then Dzeko is easily worth £30m.

Pay it Hughes!

tomhawley said:
Blue Train said:
Also, we're apparently desperate to pay the same amount for Tevez, a striker who got 5 goals last season.

Dzeko is a goal machine. Whoever buys him will have their league's top scorer next season.

bollocks

like shevchenko? like pizarro?

I dont remember Pizarro scoring 30 goals in the Bundesliga, or Sheva scoring anywhere near that in Serie A

Monkey Boy Blue said:
So what?

Paying over the odds for players isn't really gonna hurt us anymore. Richest club in the world and all that.

This guy would clearly be a much better prospect than RSC, much more realistic than Eto'o and by all accounts (admittedly I've not reen much of this guy personally) would be absolutely ideal for out needs:

- Physical presence: Check
- Goalscoring record: Check
- Background: Check (Tough, Physical Bosnian playing in Germany - likely to be well suited to PL)
- Age: Check (23, ready to enter his prime, still scope for development)

I'm not saying that we should pay the full 30m, but I wouldn't mind gambling on an inflated fee for the player because he has the potential to fit the bill so perfectly.

We should stop asking what his value in the marketplace is and start asking what his value could be to us.

I'll admit I have never seen the guy play. Is record for last season is very good; and at 23 he must still be developing.

That said, Caciedo has similar attributes, size and power; don't think he was as prolific for his last club but good record for country.
If Dzeko is a potential I would go to 20M max, I doubt we will though cause I think we'll be paying 12M for RSC

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.