Wolfsburg V City 4th Aug

elanoblueboy said:
Ryanair. Berlin on Monday is 50
Quid return be better doing that as will have better nightlife

Sat-mon with Ryanair is £50 return did you say? Where is that flying from mate? Share all your travel ideas on here so other blues can get a better idea. There are so many places to fly to in Germany. It's great!

Fly to bremen from Manchester on sat 16 quid. Then fly back from
Leizpig to London stanstead. 16 quid. Or berlin to Manchester 50 quid with easy jet on the monday. I well wanna go.

Booked Manchester - Hannover With Flybe

Fly Out Sat 07:35
Fly Back Sun 20:05

£168.13

Just got to sort train and digs now

can i sort train when in hannover or am i best doing it in advance 1st please any help is appreciated ??

You'll be able to sort a ticket out in Hannover no problem, you need to take a train from the airport which is E2.80 and takes about 15mins (think they run at 06 and 36 past the hour) train to Wolfsburg takes about 45mins and costs E23.50 but I'd say you're better staying in Hannover for beers for as long as possible, trains are predictably reliable so wouldn't worry too much just don't forget to time stamp your ticket or you'll get a fine ticket or not.
Personally I'd stay in Hannover as long as possible for beers pre/post match, there's a decent sports bar at the back of the train station and the infamous Jack The Rippers out front (English bar) or go to the Paulanner Bar (main train station exit and then left) to get the Bavarian experience or go opposite the Opera House to Oscar's for a more Hannoverian experience.
Planty of decent cheap hotels around and about and I would expect to pay more than about 40 for a night for a reasonable 3 star.
Spend a lot of time in Hannover and it's no Hamburg/Cologne/Berlin/Munich (the locals will blame 'you' for the lack of old architecture with their tongue wedged firmly in their cheek) but has it's own charm and is pretty friendly, remember being there when Portsmouth played Wolfsburg and being pretty embarrassed by the constant Dambusters/God Save The Queen chants but to their eternal credit not one local took the bait, it did kick off in Jack's that night and while I know we are better than that make no mistake, the local police take no prisoners, if you fight, cause damage or are disordly, they will kick the shit out of you.
If you have the time and the inclination take a walk to the Machsee and get a drink and a currywurst on the lake or if you're feeling hungry go to Paulanners and get a bayernteller platter (though not if you're vegetarian or Muslim....).

BlueHerts said:
You'll be able to sort a ticket out in Hannover no problem, you need to take a train from the airport which is E2.80 and takes about 15mins (think they run at 06 and 36 past the hour) train to Wolfsburg takes about 45mins and costs E23.50 but I'd say you're better staying in Hannover for beers for as long as possible, trains are predictably reliable so wouldn't worry too much just don't forget to time stamp your ticket or you'll get a fine ticket or not.
Personally I'd stay in Hannover as long as possible for beers pre/post match, there's a decent sports bar at the back of the train station and the infamous Jack The Rippers out front (English bar) or go to the Paulanner Bar (main train station exit and then left) to get the Bavarian experience or go opposite the Opera House to Oscar's for a more Hannoverian experience.
Planty of decent cheap hotels around and about and I would expect to pay more than about 40 for a night for a reasonable 3 star.
Spend a lot of time in Hannover and it's no Hamburg/Cologne/Berlin/Munich (the locals will blame 'you' for the lack of old architecture with their tongue wedged firmly in their cheek) but has it's own charm and is pretty friendly, remember being there when Portsmouth played Wolfsburg and being pretty embarrassed by the constant Dambusters/God Save The Queen chants but to their eternal credit not one local took the bait, it did kick off in Jack's that night and while I know we are better than that make no mistake, the local police take no prisoners, if you fight, cause damage or are disordly, they will kick the shit out of you.
If you have the time and the inclination take a walk to the Machsee and get a drink and a currywurst on the lake or if you're feeling hungry go to Paulanners and get a bayernteller platter (though not if you're vegetarian or Muslim....).

Thanks for this mate very useful information will have a look through this later when im not working haha

Oh lord..out of all Bundesliga teams why does it have to be Wolfsburg.

Shit ground, shit club, shit fans...Do as advised by BlueHerts and try to avoid that shithole as long as possible and rather get drunk in Hannover.

Bembeltown said:

Shit ground, shit club, shit fans...Do as advised by BlueHerts and try to avoid that shithole as long as possible and rather get drunk in Hannover.
or better still get to the waldorf, show your respects, get bladdered and hopefully watch it with fellow bluemooners(if televised)... just saying like

Berlin nightlife isnt as good as its cracked up to be its such a vast city you have to travel from district to district to find out whats happening and where.
Last few visits for me have been dissapointing stayed in charlottenberg and mitte both dead apart from a few goth type bars but the area around Anhalter Banhoff station was ok.
Dont know whether its because we were english but not made particularly welcome anywhere in Berlin unlike the rest of Germany but one german from munich told us that berliners are like cockneys abit above themselves and arrogant

2bluejacko said:
Bembeltown said:

or better still get to the waldorf, show your respects, get bladdered and hopefully watch it with fellow bluemooners(if televised)... just saying like

Good point however as I am German and actually living here as well, my opportunities to see City live are pretty limited.

Hence I wish they would have picked a more attractive opponent/ground/set of fans...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.