Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Haha. Haaland was literally a ghost out there, and the fact that people like you still defend him is admirable. He's on his way to being the best goal scorer of all time, but he shouldn't be above getting taken off when he looks as uninterested and, more importantly, as ineffective as he was yesterday.
Are you that knob from Cheesy's podcast ..... the wannabe journo who tries to draw attention to himself by occasionally coming out with the "controversial" take that Haaland isn't worth his place

Watching MOTD2 O’Neill was calling for offside not obstruction so when he learned the laws you can’t be offside from a corner he’s switched it to obstruction, dickhead.
In my view, Barnado was offside from the header but was not interfering with play. It was the keeper who pushed him away, Bernie is allowed to stand his ground but he had moved away before John headed the ball. That is why VAR told the ref to look at it. In this case VAR did us a favour.

Pal, I'm delighted we got all three points, but had that winner not come, this thread would obviously be far different. And that's sport and why we all love it, but I'm just speaking honestly and looking/thinking long-term past that delight of the three points today.

Long term thinking is looking at the pattern of the last two seasons and seeing us not starting with the best performances then either. When we won the treble many people were writing off the season as late as February. It's quite clear now that we start relatively slow and then grow as the season goes on - usually hitting top gear around March.

Totally agree. It's the people slating VAR and Atwell doing my nut in!

They think the goal was AWARDED on the field and VAR intervened to try and cancel it out.

They couldn't be further wrong.
My apologies as I am one of the guilty as charged. I mistakenly thought the ref awarded the goal, when in fact he ruled the offside.

I just watched the replay and when Stonesy scored Kavanagh stood their motionless and then the camera cut away to the celebration by Stonesy. I assumed, in the chaos, that he had awarded the goal.

So this is a unique occasion where I will apologise to Atwell, (although I still think he’s a cheating so and so lol).

Unfortunately Gundog was a sentimental signing, been great for us but sadly past his best

He was brilliant in his last season for us and often Barcelona's best player last season. Nobody expected his performance level to drop off a cliff on his return. Hopefully he can get back up to speed.

Long term thinking is looking at the pattern of the last two seasons and seeing us not starting with the best performances then either. When we won the treble many people were writing off the season as late as February. It's quite clear now that we start relatively slow and then grow as the season goes on - usually hitting top gear around March.

The treble winning season I actually thought we'd win fuck all. Football is totally bizarre as I'm sure we've played better other seasons but we went and won the treble that one.

In my view, Barnado was offside from the header but was not interfering with play. It was the keeper who pushed him away, Bernie is allowed to stand his ground but he had moved away before John headed the ball. That is why VAR told the ref to look at it. In this case VAR did us a favour.
You can't be offside and not interfere with play, they don't marry up.
Be offside and interfere with play.
Don't be offside and you don't interfere with play.

So who said it was off side ? So the ref gave off side without the linesman giving off side !
I think O' Neil saw the replay and asked the 4th official about offside. He then advised the ref that it was offside. VAR told the ref to look at the monitor because Bernie was not interfering with play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.