Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Tbh mate I think our form/results are significantly better at this point than the last two years. I'll have to check, but I think I'm correct at least in terms of points.
I think you‘re right - that‘s what I put in the post above. We just have to trust its our usual autumn form and we‘ll kick on (as usual) at some point

Which is great, of course. And it‘s testimony to the spirit of the team that we keep picking up points late on. And no-one in their right mind would bet against us, even if we don’t pick things up.
But the performances at the moment are fairly toss - and a million miles from the standards we‘ve set over the past few years.
Disjointed season
Players all over the world
Extra CL games
No Rodri
Little Kev or Phil
Winning is a good habit when not being 100%.

I look at situations like this and apply 2 methods of review: A. The gut no blue bias view of a sport i've followed for 45+ years and played in for alot of those. 2. If this exact same scenario played out with jerseys reversed how would i respond.

1. In this case Bernie was musheling around with Sa but i feel when it came to the ability to see and be in position to make the save... Its fair it wasn't chalked off. Bernie got out of the way.

2. If we'd been scored on just like this I'd have zero issue and wouldn't be fuming that a wolves player had interfered.

Its an either or goal... I was already resigned that it was chalked off anyway.
Pundits were trying to call it as offside but he was onside until boulders connected by which time he had backed off and crouched down.

We played the team with statistically the worst defence in the league and didn't create a clear-cut chance until the 95th minute.

Concerns are entirely warranted.
Oh, FFS.

You do know Wolves had a different game plan and formation today. How they played previously is not relevant.

Creating clear cut chances when teams pack their defence, are organised, aggressive and hard working is really tough. City consistently face this approach far more than any other side but are still the league’s top scorers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.