Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Also, I didn't notice this live, but did anyone else see the sideline referee seemingly walk right between Pep trying to shake the Wolves' manager's hand? My screengrab really doesn't do justice to how rude it was, to put it nicely.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 12.04.12 AM-2.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 12.04.12 AM-2.png
    22 KB · Views: 58
Given how shit we have played at times this season, and the fact that we are currently a “1 shot, 1 goal” defence, it is amazing we are in 2nd place, by 1 pt and a few goals!

Doesn’t feel like anyone is clicking (yet) this season, and we have lost our best player (yeah, I said it!) for the season and our assists talisman has been injured for awhile, so we should improve soon as injured players recover and out of form players (yes, I’m looking at you Gundo & Phil) gain some form!
Ake is a vastly underrated player and glad he’s nearly ready to start again after injury and Akanji too is a hugely talented and confident player for us , but a right back that doesn’t switch off and go missing is a priority in the transfer window for me

Also, I didn't notice this live, but did anyone else see the sideline referee seemingly walk right between Pep trying to shake the Wolves' manager's hand? My screengrab really doesn't do justice to how rude it was, to put it nicely.
I noticed that didn’t realise it was the referee team thought it was an ignorant twat off the wolves management bench
Another sad little man from the PL then

Found myself frustrated that our wingers today, weren't Palmer and Rodgers.
Still, Bobb, KDB, Rodri, Ake, Akanji and Phil with what ever the problem is, some of our best players

Haha. Haaland was literally a ghost out there, and the fact that people like you still defend him is admirable. He's on his way to being the best goal scorer of all time, but he shouldn't be above getting taken off when he looks as uninterested and, more importantly, as ineffective as he was yesterday.
Ok whatever

I think it is less about us being toothless because Haaland is not scoring, and more that we have struggled to actually create chances for him these last few matches.

That said, Sa made three very good saves today to keep us out, whilst Wolves had 2 shots on target, and they came in the first 20 minutes. They I only had a few more forays forward that offered any threat at all.

The match could have easily finished 5-2 and would have been fair on both teams. Others stepped up to create chances, including Nunes at the end.

I don’t think we have been playing our best football, by any means, but given we are missing arguably the best playmaker in the world and the best all-around player in the world, whilst last season’s player of the year is struggling to get back in to form, I think we have navigated these opening 8 matches pretty well. And that’s not even factoring in the disruption from these stupid fucking international breaks.

I personally reckon the reports of City’s demise are greatly exaggerated.
We are not in demise but we are certainly not the same treble winning team either . When you take out probably two of the best players in the world then any team will struggle but everyone in the world knew we needed to buy cover for rodri but we chose to be savvy with it and now it has bit us in the arse and that is why we now need to go in January and get it sorted .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.