Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Haha. Haaland was literally a ghost out there, and the fact that people like you still defend him is admirable. He's on his way to being the best goal scorer of all time, but he shouldn't be above getting taken off when he looks as uninterested and, more importantly, as ineffective as he was yesterday.
He has been very interested, bizarre comment. Watch him closely then you gonna notice how he reacts to every play or chance during the game.

Hes job is very tough sometimes, because one or even 2 CBs have one mission, to be on Haaland all the time. As simple as that. Just be there and other people cant pass to him. And when they close, so deep in the box, then you have literally zero space. We tried few air crosses and few almost worked out (two Savinho balls for instance, one Gundogan ended up with a header and one been close but defender interfered). Sometimes it is what it is. And its a hell of the job for Haaland, because hes gonna touch very few times and then need to be on point when find himself in single scoring opportunity.

Haha. Haaland was literally a ghost out there, and the fact that people like you still defend him is admirable. He's on his way to being the best goal scorer of all time, but he shouldn't be above getting taken off when he looks as uninterested and, more importantly, as ineffective as he was yesterday.
When you are chasing a winner in a tight game, why would you take off, in your words ‘the best goal scorer of all time’, who are you bringing on up front to replace him?. He got zero decent service yesterday, but at no time did he appear disinterested, and he celebrated the winner like he was very interested. We are all entitled to our opinions, but that is an odd take on it.

Been to Wolves numerous times. Worst atmosphere by a mile due to being so spread out. They aren't silly putting us where they do.
So happy to get the win like that. Not a great performance but who fucking cares this early.
Limbs everywhere when we scored.

At the game I thought the goal was given on the pitch. Then VAR gets involved and I expected it to be disallowed. The PL statement said it was disallowed for offside on the pitch but just watched MOTD and no flag went up. Got the right decision in the end but all a bit odd how they got there and explained it after!

View attachment 135682

Every paper carrying the same "controversial" headline, it's only their reporting that makes the perfectly good goal controversial.
Spot on. The media wanted VAR so they could focus on ‘controversies’, rather than having to show prolonged periods or intricate patterns of football they can’t explain. When VAR itself produces controversies they win twice.

Wolves fans weren’t howling in protest until VAR gets involved.

Aw-oo. Up the Blues.

At the game I thought the goal was given on the pitch. Then VAR gets involved and I expected it to be disallowed. The PL statement said it was disallowed for offside on the pitch but just watched MOTD and no flag went up. Got the right decision in the end but all a bit odd how they got there and explained it after!
Watching at home wasn’t any different. The score was shown as 2-1 to City then when the ref did the square shape to denote a changed decision after reviewing the pitch-side screen, the score went back to 1-1 before being corrected back to 2-1, and I thought the commentators were also thinking the goal had originally been given and the ref was going pitch-side with a view to cancelling it. They went quiet when the City players went berserk celebrating.

To be fair he is the best finisher in the world and the way we use him in games like yesterday is shocking for me.

He needs the ball in early, get the defenders on the back foot, again yesterday we reverted to been so slow and predictable, just take a few chances, especially our two wide players.

Penwortham is a suburb south of the River Ribble in Preston. Its a nice quiet solid little place especially for families.
I've spent quite a bit of time there this last 10 months sorting out Mrs Moon's father's estate after I found him dead on Xmas day, it is indeed a nice place apart from Tesco, nightmare there, fuel only on sale at certain times etc. Had a few nice meals in The Fleece.

Just need a buyer for his bungalow now, it's a pain doing 45 mins each way to check it's still ok every week due to the house insurance conditions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.