Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Can I be a bit critical despite being delighted in getting all three points?

We were playing really well in the first half, so Pep decided Doku and Savinho needed to switch sides. For what? They both play far worse on their shooting foot sides. What on earth is Gundo/Kovacic giving us that McAtee/Nunes are incapable of? Why is Haaland above being substituted? He was a complete net negative and looked utterly uninterested. Teams have been cutting through our midfield and getting at our backline at ease all season. Poor recruitment and the loss of Bobb and Rodri make me think this is going to be a long, frustrating season. I hope I’m wrong.
Simple answer is Pep has won everything you haven't

Who called the offside, I watched MOTD2, there is no flag and the referee does not indicate offside that I can see, it takes O’Neill 30 seconds to protest then after that you can clearly se the 4th official asking about offside. So who is making these decisions? Has the 4th official asked for the check? Has VAR checked it prior as I would think with every goal? Who is running the game?

To be fair he is the best finisher in the world and the way we use him in games like yesterday is shocking for me.

He needs the ball in early, get the defenders on the back foot, again yesterday we reverted to been so slow and predictable, just take a few chances, especially our two wide players.
Whilst I agree with you how can they get the ball to him early if basically the other team doesn’t move further than 25 yards from their goal? There was only two occasions where we could break away, one Gundogan didn’t see the pass on (similar to the one Rico created a few weeks ago) and then near the end when a ball over the top he collected. Personally like the Arsenal game I think Haaland should come further out onto the edge of the box, then the defenders have a conundrum do they follow him out leaving space in the centre or stay and allow him to be shooting at the edge, for me we need to think out the box now so to speak. We got lucky in the end yesterday, we are going to face this against nearly every team bar Liverpool, Chelsea and possibly Arsenal away.
I get the switch of the wingers to try and get crosses into Haaland second half but both of them are crap crossers of the ball, I’d favour overlapping the wingers so Lewis isn’t crowding the already congested midfield but going beyond Savinho the same with Guardiol on the other side.

Whilst I agree with you how can they get the ball to him early if basically the other team doesn’t move further than 25 yards from their goal? There was only two occasions where we could break away, one Gundogan didn’t see the pass on (similar to the one Rico created a few weeks ago) and then near the end when a ball over the top he collected. Personally like the Arsenal game I think Haaland should come further out onto the edge of the box, then the defenders have a conundrum do they follow him out leaving space in the centre or stay and allow him to be shooting at the edge, for me we need to think out the box now so to speak. We got lucky in the end yesterday, we are going to face this against nearly every team bar Liverpool, Chelsea and possibly Arsenal away.
I get the switch of the wingers to try and get crosses into Haaland second half but both of them are crap crossers of the ball, I’d favour overlapping the wingers so Lewis isn’t crowding the already congested midfield but going beyond Savinho the same with Guardiol on the other side.
Because our passing is so slow and predictable, our cb's have the ball more than any other player.

Doki and Savio, get past the full back and get the ball in the box as fast as possible, the only way to feed the big fella up front.

To be fair he is the best finisher in the world and the way we use him in games like yesterday is shocking for me.

He needs the ball in early, get the defenders on the back foot, again yesterday we reverted to been so slow and predictable, just take a few chances, especially our two wide players.
Yesterday reminded me a lot of the title winning season under Mancini. We spent a lot of time in games that season camped around the opponents goal area. Inevitably one of our little goal scoring technicians would fashion something. I agree that at times Haaland's strengths aren't being utilised enough and this is partly due to a lack of service.

Because our passing is so slow and predictable, our cb's have the ball more than any other player.

Doki and Savio, get past the full back and get the ball in the box as fast as possible, the only way to feed the big fella up front.
Ye but they have the ball 25 yards out and there’s 20 players in front of them, as for the two wingers, they play inverted so rarely go on the outside to cross across for him to come onto, it’s more of a cross towards goal hoping for a flick on into the net. What we need if they are going outside is someone to be arriving late at the penalty spot for a pull back as Haaland rarely goes near post, so if the ball doesn’t get to him then someone coming in has a chance. I agree the ball needs to be moved quicker by all the players but the seem to want to thread the eye of a needle for a goal when there that many around the,.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.