Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Wolves aren't a little club at all. They've got as rich and proud a history as we have.
Very true.

By the time of our takeover in 2008, City and Wolves had won the same amount of major trophies.

Wolves had won more league titles (3:2), we’d won the same amount of FA Cups (4:4) and the same amount of EFL Cups (2:2), beating us in one of those finals. Where they’d won one more league title, we’d won the European Cup Winners’ Cup.

They’d also got got the UEFA Cup final in 1972, ECWC semifinal in 1961 and the European Cup quarter final in 1960. And you could argue that Wolves were one of the major reasons why the European Cup/Champions League exists due to their idea of installling floodlights at their ground and playing midweek friendlies against teams from around Europe.

Obviously very happy with the win, but the ‘decision’ by Attwell to ask the ref to go to the monitor was an absolute farce.

The media have jumped on it now and collectively decided that Bernie (all 5 foot four of him and 9 stone dripping wet) backing in to the keeper briefly before the corner came curling in somehow impeded the keeper.

What a joke!!!

I don’t know how many times this season I’ve seen Eddie surrounded by players who are not the slightest bit interested in the ball (yes you Arsenal) and whose sole purpose is to shove and block Eddie from getting to the ball from a corner. Is any of that referred to VAR? Of course not.

Atwell has to be one of the biggest cheats going around and that referral to ask the ref to the monitor was just plain disgusting.

Luckily for us the ref overruled Atwell. Otherwise it would have been the biggest injustice of the season.

Ye but they have the ball 25 yards out and there’s 20 players in front of them, as for the two wingers, they play inverted so rarely go on the outside to cross across for him to come onto, it’s more of a cross towards goal hoping for a flick on into the net. What we need if they are going outside is someone to be arriving late at the penalty spot for a pull back as Haaland rarely goes near post, so if the ball doesn’t get to him then someone coming in has a chance. I agree the ball needs to be moved quicker by all the players but the seem to want to thread the eye of a needle for a goal when there that many around the,.
We want to score the perfect goal far too often.

Reminds me of Arsenal under Wenger, sometimes just take chances, mix it up, just look at the Wolves goal, simple passes and runners from deep.

Mark Clattenburg: “Chris Kavanagh was completely correct in making sure Man City´s winner stood. Yes, Bernardo Silva was in an offside position when John Stones crashed his header beyond Jose Sa, but there’s more to it.
“Pose yourself the same questions Kavanagh will have asked himself at the monitor. Firstly, was Silva blocking Sa’s line of vision? No, he’s dived out of the way to make sure of that. Secondly, does Silva impact Sa’s ability to play the ball at the precise moment Stones makes contact? Again, no, as the header goes straight through the goalkeeper.
“It was telling there were no protests from Sa or any Wolves players. It was only once Gary O’Neil and his staff watched the replay that they hoped to find a reason - any reason - to get the goal disallowed…”

Regardless of imo being the correct decision, I think Gary O’Neill showed a lot of class after the game. His team have just conceded a 95th minute goal in what he considered controversial. He Went and shook every city players hand, pulled his players away from the ref. Many other manager would have kicked off with the manager, gone mad at the ref, including pep.

Obviously very happy with the win, but the ‘decision’ by Attwell to ask the ref to go to the monitor was an absolute farce.

The media have jumped on it now and collectively decided that Bernie (all 5 foot four of him and 9 stone dripping wet) backing in to the keeper briefly before the corner came curling in somehow impeded the keeper.

What a joke!!!

I don’t know how many times this season I’ve seen Eddie surrounded by players who are not the slightest bit interested in the ball (yes you Arsenal) and whose sole purpose is to shove and block Eddie from getting to the ball from a corner. Is any of that referred to VAR? Of course not.

Atwell has to be one of the biggest cheats going around and that referral to ask the ref to the monitor was just plain disgusting.

Luckily for us the ref overruled Atwell. Otherwise it would have been the biggest injustice of the season.
Attwell actually advised the ref to go the monitor to GIVE the goal.

The on pitch decision was offside. No goal!!

Who called the offside, I watched MOTD2, there is no flag and the referee does not indicate offside that I can see, it takes O’Neill 30 seconds to protest then after that you can clearly se the 4th official asking about offside. So who is making these decisions? Has the 4th official asked for the check? Has VAR checked it prior as I would think with every goal? Who is running the game?
I think you've answered your own question; the 4th official asked about offside.
VAR checks every goal so it's clear they were happy, and called Kavanagh to the monitor to confirm it was a goal. Actually, VAR probably called LBW or touchdown as Atwell was in charge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.