Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Not read all his comments, but tbf to O'Neil, he isn't claiming that it's offside, he just saying it's unfair that Wolves don't get their fair share of wrong decisions. Who the feck does he think he is? Arsenal or something?

Obviously very happy with the win, but the ‘decision’ by Attwell to ask the ref to go to the monitor was an absolute farce.

The media have jumped on it now and collectively decided that Bernie (all 5 foot four of him and 9 stone dripping wet) backing in to the keeper briefly before the corner came curling in somehow impeded the keeper.

What a joke!!!

I don’t know how many times this season I’ve seen Eddie surrounded by players who are not the slightest bit interested in the ball (yes you Arsenal) and whose sole purpose is to shove and block Eddie from getting to the ball from a corner. Is any of that referred to VAR? Of course not.

Atwell has to be one of the biggest cheats going around and that referral to ask the ref to the monitor was just plain disgusting.

Luckily for us the ref overruled Atwell. Otherwise it would have been the biggest injustice of the season.
The people that should be most worried about this is the tarquins

Amazing how often the commentators watching the game don't seem to be aware of these 'on-field decisions' and then after the game it turns out that whatever makes the VAR team look the most competent is shared as if it was fact. Did anyone else see an offside flag or offside decision from the referee? Everything I saw suggested the ref gave it and was told to go to the monitor by VAR who presumably thought there was a reason to disallow it.

I watched MOTD 2 last night and focused on the linesman for the 30 seconds count they did to show how long it took for someone from Wolves to react and I struggled to see any raising of a flag or indeed the referee ruling out the goal.
It makes sense that he overturned a decision as he made the tv sign before pointing to the centre spot but I struggled to see any evidence that the goal had been disallowed before he went across to the screen.

For everyone berating Attwell or VAR trying to fuck us over.

It was the on field team that tried to fuck us over.

VAR advised the ref to re visit the decision.

The VAR team worked in our favour.

Attachments

• 1000060279.jpg
    1000060279.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 56
I watched MOTD 2 last night and focused on the linesman for the 30 seconds count they did to show how long it took for someone from Wolves to react and I struggled to see any raising of a flag or indeed the referee ruling out the goal.
It makes sense that he overturned a decision as he made the tv sign before pointing to the centre spot but I struggled to see any evidence that the goal had been disallowed before he went across to the screen.
One of the linesmen was a sub....was it this one on the 'offside' does anyone know?

That being said he was supposed to be the 4th official so it shouldn't matter really. I just wonder and I'm grasping here that his head was in 4th official mode and he said over the radio he thought it was off rather than actually doing what he should be doing and raising his flag.

Earlier in the game he gave a Wolves player offside (when he was) very quickly as soon as I think Dias put his hand up....nerves/not upto standard/not upto date with the rules and PiGMOL advice in how to deal with situations?

The ref raised his hand after 20 or 30 seconds after initially awarding the goal. He stood around for a few seconds while the Wolves fans celebrated, then went to the monitor, turned round and pissed on their chips. Cue pandemonium in the away section.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.