Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

Can’t believe some City fans are saying it wasn’t a pen.
When the fuck has Dave ever “tripped himself up” in 200odd games?
His reaction alone should be enough to convince anyone who isn’t sure.
He doesn’t dive and he doesn’t trip himself up. Nailed on penalty.

It’s a pen but Atkinson has a history baste on his stats that he doesn’t give penalties to anyone he plays it safe so in reality he doesn’t like making big decisions.

So after digesting yesterday’s performance & I know it’s early days but the signs are there for me.

We should of won and scored at least 3.
They played at their best whilst we were very average and seemed to lack energy. Why ?

What does concern me this game shows our weakness. if a team press us hard and can maintain it we will struggle. The reason being we have not invested in 2 crucial areas and potentially have got our summer transfer very wrong.

Vinny is getting older, still a great player but for me in games like this he can be a liability. We need a centre back and for me McGuire would be a good fit.

Worryingly we are desperate for a dm. Fern is certainly starting to slow and make mistakes. He can not play all games and we have no alternative really but Delph.

Gundy is not good enough. I really don’t see what he offers. Weak tackler takes too long on the ball and never really creates. Clearly pep sees something in him.

To make this team work we really need 2 strong dm’s and I don’t think we have it for this season especially when up against certain teams. points in these games like yesterday will cost us the title.

Pep doesn’t like teams like palace, Leicester & now Wolves because he knows they will keep fighting and press us at their grounds.

Kev is going to be such a big loss because he works his ass off in midfield and that’s what we are going to miss more than his creativity.

We are going to destroy most teams but I see plenty of dropped points this season with more 1-1 results. We need our strikers to take all the chances as they are missing too many.

I’m surprised we haven’t sorted these positions (I know we tried but we should be closing these deals) the club want champs league and I see no progression for this year infact if we get a tough draw we won’t progress past last years level.

I think we will have a great season but I just don’t see us pushing on like we should be as Champions and dominating.

This is a realistic view not a negative one.

CTID
I agree with most of that but I'm wondering if the problem really is a lack of 2 strong DMs.
Far more telling for me was the fact that when we brought on Sane, Jesus and Mahrez, this had virtually no effect on the course of the game. Sane and Mahrez, our big summer signing, made no inroads into Wolves' well-organised defence.
Yesterday was the first sign, by no means definitive, that we should have addressed our only weakness which became apparent in the later stages of last season, which was an inability to break down a competent defence.
Early days for sure.

One of those days. Plenty of teams will drop points at Wolves.
Well said
Wolves are a very good side with excellent organisation and their own way of playing.
They won the championship by a country mile, gave us a hard time in the cup last year and will trouble plenty of top teams especially at Molineux.
We did enough to win but the Gods (and officials) were not on our side.
That’s football.

Some overblown nonsense on here , telling this post match thread, already almost as long as the Arsenal and Huddersfield together. Seems like the match thread has hung around for some extra doom. I'll have to avoid this when we drop 2 points away like I avoid match threads. Some on here already giving up on the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.