Wolves (A) Post Match Thread

Its a very good report that, and from a neutral too, its a pity that many City fans are too close to be able to see it like this, and why for a difficult away draw, ie a good point, we are approaching 100 pages, when a 6-1 home win produces just 35.

I agree with pretty much all the opinions on our players, particularly the defence, it wasn't far off being a very good performance really, despite some of the rubbish posted in this thread, and Wolves in particular played well, and made it a tough game, I expect they'll take further points of our rivals as the season moves on.

I’d certainly have taken 7/9 with no pre season and Arsenal away first game up.

Time will tell if it’s a good result or poor result when the other top 6 have played them but coming back from 1-0 down shows spirit.

We do need to win our next two at home though as anything else in those games would be disappointing. I think we will.

Strange game we should have won but also could have lost. I said a couple of weeks back Kev's injury would cost us 5/6 point, and stand over that. As has been analysed at length we got a bit of a roasting defensively when they were able to break at pace which fair play to them they done well. Sane looks way out of sorts and Mahrez is still like a fish out of water. Mendy is the other big problem devastating against Huddersfield but unsure defensively and ineffective going forward on Saturday. The manager has a lot to think about in the coming weeks. October will be a big month methinks.

You cannot credibly label Sat as 2 points lost due to KDB absence. We created many chances; had 6 shots on target and 3 against the woodwork. And drew only because of two Ref fuck-ups. We were dominant for the majority of the game.

You cannot credibly label Sat as 2 points lost due to KDB absence. We created many chances; had 6 shots on target and 3 against the woodwork. And drew only because of two Ref fuck-ups. We were dominant for the majority of the game.

I agree.

The odds of us being better with KDB in the side are high but absolutely no guarantee of better finishing on the day from other players or Patricio not pulling of more excellent saves...

ah well, i think our expectations are now so high that it's hard to take a well fought draw on the chin anymore!

last season we had 7 pts after 3 games (with a very late win at Bournemouth) and i'd argue that we are playing slightly better than last season's team after 3 games, with absolutely no pre-season

I think there's been some overreaction to this result, considering that:

- Wolves are a very decent side and will take points off the top 6 throughout the season.
- Their goal was an offside handball, and we had a clear penalty denied almost immediately afterwards.
- We hit the woodwork three times and their keeper played a blinder.

We weren't as fluid as we normally are and there were a couple of poor individual performances, but we were still the better side overall and certainly did enough to win the game. I'd be more concerned if we didn't create chances or have so much possession.

Wolves played incredibly well, we weren't totally at the races but we hit the woodwork countless times and their opening goal was both offside and then a handball

Regardless of that Wolves were good for a point. Like Pep mentioned playing a newly promoted team so early on is always a risk because they will be bang up for it, especially a championship winning side to boot.

It would be great for football as a whole and will make Wolves a threat all season if they decide to play that style each week when at home. Their manager seemed to take that stance in his post match interview which was good to hear

We were unlucky with the decisions but we need to make a statement in the next game. Pep won't let us slip, especially with a run of very winnable games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.