Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Excellent start and Wolves only got a foothold when City tired. Great 3 points. Predictably Traore was a threat but he'll beat every left back.

Good result.

couple of observations.

- wolves are dirty twats, and cheated for those soft bookings
- Mendy is awful
- Ake looked great
- Stones is still shite
- Refs hate us
- Sky hate us
- Rodri was like a headless chicken H2
- Fern still has it at DM
- Jesus worked his cock off all game

carry on
- wolves are dirty twats, and cheated for those soft bookings - essentially your average Portuguese team
- Mendy is awful - not at all, defended pretty well actually
- Ake looked great - correct, but that's why we signed him
- Stones is still shite - come on mate, you know better
- Refs hate us - hmmmmmmmm
- Sky hate us - give us another 15-20 years and 7-8 of our former players turned pundits
- Rodri was like a headless chicken H2 - mate honestly..........
- Fern still has it at DM - yep
- Jesus worked his cock off all game - I stated here there is no harder working player in the world of football

- Walker was the MOTM for me, his industry is unbelievable, a player who bought 100% into Pep's philosophy, miles the best RB in the country
- Foden just needs to be more adventurous, but he had a perfect game
- was surprised with KdB playing deep on the left, I suppose acres of spaces left for Foden to get into
- Raz needs to stop going down instinctively, he does not even dive, just like giving up, but still decent
- liked 2 DMs, splitting both vertically and horizontally, it was strange and pleasing to see Fern 80 yards into opposition territory
- actually I am really thrilled about this performance after those dreadful games against Arsenal and Lyon and considering we played the bloody honey badger of a team Nuno turned this Wolves into

I posted before the game that we would know a lot more about how this season is going to look after tonights game. Players looked really up for it from the start & Pep looked fully engaged as usual which is a great sign - also glad he decided to bring on Ferran after they scored instead of putting on Otamendi and trying to defend deeper, we'd have drawn this last year. Wolves are a very good side and we made them look bang average for 50 mins. Considering this was our first game I am ecstatic with the win. Get in Kounde and ship a couple out so that the likes of Delap get a few minutes and I am hopeful this is going to be a great year. Finally Ake looks so good and once he gets used to our system - he could prove to be an absolute bargain.

3 points forget the proformas, even though 2 half we was blowing and lack of match fitness in the legs
but city going on to get the 3rd later on was what top teams have in there lockers, when it hurts you push that little bit more to kill the game off, a good team proformas away to wolves and they will not lose many at home

And he got the shit kicked out of him.

Sure Wolves are a good side.

They are also a dirty side. leaving a little bit on with their challenges.They have also mastered tactical fouling,shirt pulling,and using their arms a lot to prevent movement.As always the Ref sees fuck all when it is against us.
I thought it was only City that committed tactical fouls, was it mentioned on tv?? I reckon not xx

You cant rely on your midfield shielding you from all dangerous situations in full 90 minutes. When defense is exposed they need to step up a bit. I have no problems with stones..he was good today But Mendy should be not beaten 1v1 so easily..knock past and run = a good cross or chance for wolves
Traore has little going for him but pace. He could outrun most full backs. I think the thing that Mendy's performance highlighted was the number of times he passed to a Wolves player!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.