Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Good first half. Faded badly in the second. Jesus really isn’t good enough to take over from Aguero. Too many poor decisions and offsides. Ake looks promising and a solid performance from most. Relieved to get the win.

Nobody is good enough to replace Aguero but Jesus did so much tonight he would be hard to replace too. Got his goal. What more do you want

Except when he’s getting nutmegged.
Ya, unfortunate, he had the chance to close that man down off the ball, but didn't anticipate and was caught flat-footed. Other than that, very good for the first game out.

You cant rely on your midfield shielding you from all dangerous situations in full 90 minutes. When defense is exposed they need to step up a bit. I have no problems with stones..he was good today But Mendy should be not beaten 1v1 so easily..knock past and run = a good cross or chance for wolves
Don't disagree-I think Mendy was v conscious of the risk of getting sent off.

great first half and was in total control - the 3 forwards plus KDB pressed so well which meant they barely could get out let alone get the ball wide to Traore etc...on the odd occasion they did Ferna and Rodri had it covered. Both fullbacks were there as well - sterling pressed Traore right back so he had zero affect on the game

Second half after the Jesus miss we seem to let them back in (could have been tiredness). Mendy reverted to type after defending well in the first half when he had to. Stones again after an excellent first half started to lose concentration and ball watching while players ran in behind him....

However we came back into it and that was the difference...last year we would have caved in - this year we stood strong - Ferna, Ake, Walker and Rodri were all excellent in this sense and Sterling started to to hassle Traore again.

Jesus fully deserved the goal he got for is performance but he needs to be more clinical - the miss at 2-0 could have cost us but this time it didnt.

Overall a very good result and performance considering lack of prep time, other teams having played one more game than us.

I normally dont call refs out but Jesus got kicked all over the part and got nothing. Mendy's booking was also completely undeserved as Traore tripped over him before going down - it was clumsy from Traore at the elast and nothing Mendy could do about it.

We paid 50m for him so I expect him to play at Walkers level. He's not fit to lace Walkers boots.

Mendy is so bad that most of the time Pep prefers to play a converted Midfielder or Right Back ahead of him.

Mendy is not good enough for our squad.

I have to agree. His defensive play was our weak link in the defence tonight - most of the Wolves best forward play came down his side. His attacking talents don’t make up for his defensive deficiencies. Hope he proves me wrong this season

Don't we look so much better with Dino back in there, it even tightened John Stones up

Ake looks like he's been playing for City a couple of seasons & Walker very good 90 mins

Kev fucking awsome

Now the negatives, very fortunate in 2nd half but thats City we never never make it easy

Left side was poor at times defencively but we got through it in the end

Still think we have problems at LB & CF if Aguero misses to many

Gabby runs like fuck but frustrstes the fuck out of me

Anyways class start we go again.on Wednesday

Ps

Micah what a fucking man, biased as fuvk & I love it

Thing is if Sergio played and he is my favourite player we wouldn't have looked so fluid going forward. Jesus Kdb and foden were excellent in their movement and interchange. Sterling worked his socks off as well.

Gabby getting grief is getting a bit of a piss take. Not many players are perfect in everything they do. His attitude is also perfect many a lesser player would see his arse from being a number 2 striker.

People need to start watching the game a bit more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.