Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

I think we were going to lose one next summer anyway. Aké has been playing too well to get dropped and Newcastle were offering him a starting spot for money we’d accept in the summer. Last time Laporte got dropped he went to the Spanish press 6 weeks later on international break suggesting he’d move if it carried on.

I think one of those two will leave and Akanji is the early replacement.

We’re definitely not keeping 5 starting quality centrebacks long term.
As much as I’d like to keep him, a £50m deal for Ake to go to Newcastle in January would probably work for all parties.

Christ it’s like the match day thread in ere, 3 goals, clean sheet, another Haaland goal, another 2 assists for KDB, goal for Phil to get him back on track after a few patchy performances, Jack scores to stick two fingers up to the media (who’ve been looking for any negative on City) another solid game for Akanji, Walker not risked, plenty of subs by Pep, no injuries picked up, played in second gear and we are Top of the league & undefeated going into the break, I think that just about covers it!
Happy clapper...

I thought Grealish, Rodri, and Akanji were terrific. Played like warriors. I was impressed with Wolves. Much more adventurous than previously and never gave up

“Erling , were you disappointed that you didn’t make a better contact with the ball on the bobbling, grass cutter you scored today”?
Loved when Alvarez played him through and he fell over the ball. Then for the next 5 mins he got over the top angry at Cancelo and Palmer.

I thought Grealish, Rodri, and Akanji were terrific. Played like warriors. I was impressed with Wolves. Much more adventurous than previously and never gave up
Really? I thought Grealish was man of the match but thought Akanji was a liability again,

Nope. Wouldn't let him go.
Like I say, I’d be reluctant to let him go too but given that the club were willing to accept that fee in the summer then you’d imagine they’d take it again, especially now that we have a replacement in Akanji.

Had the game wrapped up by half time, so took our foot off the gas a bit second half and saved some energy. It's a long season, so don't mind that too much.

Even though Wolves gave it a go second half, they didn't really create too much and the result was never in doubt.

Three really good goals from us though.
Going off today, Wolves can play decent football. They keep possession well and I see some of the patterns we use that quickly cut through teams.
They were aiming to counter though, not as patient as us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.