Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

I thought Jack did fine yesterday but some people saying ”Jack silenced his doubters” are wrong. Yesterdays tap-in doesn’t change my opinion about a transfer that may not have panned out the way the club expected it to. I find it strange that Pep says goals and assists are not Jacks most important contributions. It feels like excuses. Don’t get me wrong I support every player we have, but saying that the clubs record fee signing isn’t measured in goals and assists is just ridiculous. He plays Jack up front but his only job is to stretch defenses? Any cheaper player could do that.

Pep is ridiculous then?

This Akanji fella is a Rolls Royce of a player in our system.

Takes a lot of pressure off relying on Stones to stay fit and play out for us.

Yep I like him too..

I still think I rate our CB's all 8.0 or more and this in order

1. Dias
2. Laporte & Akanji (excellent partners for Dias)
4. Ake (solid defensively but we lose a little in the build up)
5. Stones (can switch off at times, needs to be told what to do by Dias often on set pieces and most injury prone)

Also incase Ake does try to move on at the end of the season.. at least we still have 4 really good CB's but I really like the idea of 5 healty CB's because sometimes Cancelo's defense and Walker's ball distribution can be suspect.

I know its early but if we get to a CL final this season.. a Laporte, Dias, Akanji, Cancelo or Stones back 4 wouldn't surprise me.

This Akanji fella is a Rolls Royce of a player in our system.

Takes a lot of pressure off relying on Stones to stay fit and play out for us.

Well done Jack today, keep it up, showed more aggression.

Still frustrating Kev getting Man of the Match, imagine how good we will be when he gets some decent form.
Akanji reminds me of a young vinnie.

Can't get my head round him only being 15m.

Absolute steal.

I thought Jack did fine yesterday but some people saying ”Jack silenced his doubters” are wrong. Yesterdays tap-in doesn’t change my opinion about a transfer that may not have panned out the way the club expected it to. I find it strange that Pep says goals and assists are not Jacks most important contributions. It feels like excuses. Don’t get me wrong I support every player we have, but saying that the clubs record fee signing isn’t measured in goals and assists is just ridiculous. He plays Jack up front but his only job is to stretch defenses? Any cheaper player could do that.

Pep has realized the limitations of Grealish, how can one justify 100M price tag so he has set limited expectations from him which think he should be able to achieve :

- Essentially stay on one side of field and make simple passes. A goal once in a while is great.

Yeah, it’s bollocks in your head because you’re one of those i’m referring to.
@crossbar don't worry about not replying. Class off 22 rarely have anything interesting to say anyway.
Yeah ok mate, you can call me a silly **** if you want. I won't retaliate.
But ffs it's a forum people have opinions, different one's. No need for the name calling. It doesn't help the forum respect level between posters.

Pep has realized the limitations of Grealish, how can one justify 100M price tag so he has set limited expectations from him which think he should be able to achieve :

- Essentially stay on one side of field and make simple passes. A goal once in a while is great.
He did a lot more than that versus Wolves. One excellent dribble that took out 3 players and led to a goal.

I’m a glass half empty man. It’s been a decent start but the highest placed team we’ve faced is Newcastle in 10th. We’ve not had a proper test yet. We’ll know where we’re at after rags home dippers away.
Good for you...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.