Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

I thought Jack did fine yesterday but some people saying ”Jack silenced his doubters” are wrong. Yesterdays tap-in doesn’t change my opinion about a transfer that may not have panned out the way the club expected it to. I find it strange that Pep says goals and assists are not Jacks most important contributions. It feels like excuses. Don’t get me wrong I support every player we have, but saying that the clubs record fee signing isn’t measured in goals and assists is just ridiculous. He plays Jack up front but his only job is to stretch defenses? Any cheaper player could do that.

He will never silence all the doubters because some of those doubters are silly cunts and there ain’t nothing you can do to when dealing with silly cunts.

I mean, they even doubt the best manager in the world because he has said something that, having watched the way we play makes perfect sense but doesn’t tally in the tiny minds of “needs goals and assists” bores...

I don't think we're anywhere near our best yet we've still amassed a good points tally. My concern is the shape of the side. We just don't have the personnel to actually play inverted IMO. Stones wasn't great yesterday, and I think our build up in an attacking sense is being hampered too.

Still onwards and upwards. Hopefully Brentford can do us a favour and we'll go into the break top of the league.

He will never silence all the doubters because some of those doubters are silly cunts and there ain’t nothing you can do to when dealing with silly cunts.

I mean, they even doubt the best manager in the world because he has said something that, having watched the way we play makes perfect sense but doesn’t tally in the tiny minds of “needs goals and assists” bores...
We’ll let’s face it @Phil1, we are obviously not winning and haven’t really scored any memorable goals, have we? ;-)

I'm getting very bored of the Grealish debate; unfortunately it won't go away and Jack is a figure that will draw attention and who plenty of people are set against.

Criticism of Jack has been overdone since early on. I think a lot of observers, including City fans, fail to understand how Pep operates and how he wants the team to play.

People - especially given how the media present things - take Pep's comment about not buying Jack to provide assists and goals too literally, just as they blew that comment about not coaching tackling out of context. Pep would love more G/A from Jack (he said words to that effect in his pre-match presser) but you can affect the game positively in lots of other ways and he obviously sees that in Jack; otherwise Jack would not have been part of last season's first XI based on minutes played, but he was.

Now it could be that Jack ultimately won't fit the pattern. The story doing the rounds that he doesn't think he will be at City next year would fit that view. However, the video of Jack feeling sick in the tunnel with the tension in that Villa game and his emotion and sheer joy at being a Premier League winner give cause for scepticism about today's story.

I'm getting very bored of the Grealish debate; unfortunately it won't go away and Jack is a figure that will draw attention and who plenty of people are set against.

Criticism of Jack has been overdone since early on. I think a lot of observers, including City fans, fail to understand how Pep operates and how he wants the team to play.

People - especially given how the media present things - take Pep's comment about not buying Jack to provide assists and goals too literally, just as they blew that comment about not coaching tackling out of context. Pep would love more G/A from Jack (he said words to that effect in his pre-match presser) but you can affect the game positively in lots of other ways and he obviously sees that in Jack; otherwise Jack would not have been part of last season's first XI based on minutes played, but he was.

Now it could be that Jack ultimately won't fit the pattern. The story doing the rounds that he doesn't think he will be at City next year would fit that view. However, the video of Jack feeling sick in the tunnel with the tension in that Villa game and his emotion and sheer joy at being a Premier League winner give cause for scepticism about today's story.

Isn't it reasonable to have a debate about a player with the kind of pricetag Grealish came with? Atleast for me, the expectations on him were very big when we signed him. Knowing many players previously need a year to adapt to Peps tactics, I thought this would be the year he really shows his worth. And it's only 7 games into the season so it's still very early, but from what I've seen so far I'm not entirely convinced of where he fits in. I just believe he could struggle for game time in the big games when Alvarez starts showing his finishing ability in the box and from the wings, and as Mahrez finds his rhythm, he is very hard to bench. As for midfield, Gundo could be extending and he is still world class. If we also manage to keep Bernardo, Jacks game time could be even more limited.

The technical skills in this squad is so insane even a great player like Jack could struggle to get into the XI.
I hope Jack gets even better and I'm sure he will. That said, as of now, the value he brings on the pitch is nowhere near close to the £100m pricetag, and I think even Pep knows that but he's just not willing to admit it.

Isn't it reasonable to have a debate about a player with the kind of pricetag Grealish came with? Atleast for me, the expectations on him were very big when we signed him. Knowing many players previously need a year to adapt to Peps tactics, I thought this would be the year he really shows his worth. And it's only 7 games into the season so it's still very early, but from what I've seen so far I'm not entirely convinced of where he fits in. I just believe he could struggle for game time in the big games when Alvarez starts showing his finishing ability in the box and from the wings, and as Mahrez finds his rhythm, he is very hard to bench. As for midfield, Gundo could be extending and he is still world class. If we also manage to keep Bernardo, Jacks game time could be even more limited.

The technical skills in this squad is so insane even a great player like Jack could struggle to get into the XI.
I hope Jack gets even better and I'm sure he will. That said, as of now, the value he brings on the pitch is nowhere near close to the £100m pricetag, and I think even Pep knows that but he's just not willing to admit it.
Without trying to negate the points you are making, his and every other player’s price tag only matter to fans.

Footballers tend to worry more about whether there are more doors or windows in the world.

I thought Jack did fine yesterday but some people saying ”Jack silenced his doubters” are wrong. Yesterdays tap-in doesn’t change my opinion about a transfer that may not have panned out the way the club expected it to. I find it strange that Pep says goals and assists are not Jacks most important contributions. It feels like excuses. Don’t get me wrong I support every player we have, but saying that the clubs record fee signing isn’t measured in goals and assists is just ridiculous. He plays Jack up front but his only job is to stretch defenses? Any cheaper player could do that.

Not sure what game you watched.

Jack was outstanding yesterday.

He drifted to central (ish) positions much more than he ever has for us and was confident to run at the opposition from those positions, showing good directness and forward excellent feet at times.

The goal wasn’t just a “tap in”. Watch his movement, timing, strength and deft finish.

Even the blinkered bellends on MOTD could see how well he played.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.