Wolves (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep Guardiola on #ManCity schedule: "I wrote a letter to the PL to say thank you. We are going to the fridge after Wolves to get ready for Sheffield. We're training on the 23rd/24th. The night of the 24th and 25th is off, then 26th training and 27th we have Nuno’s team."

DeBruyneKev on #ManCity Christmas schedule: "The first game is okay, the other one – I don't know what to do. We'll see how everybody feels after 48 hours. Normally it's impossible to play, but it's the schedule and we have to find a way to manage but we'll see..."

“Hopefully everybody feels alright for these two games, but obviously we're going to have to change a few players."

Although no formal letter of complaint was sent to the Premier League, Manchester City have made verbal representations to register their unhappiness with this year’s fixture congestion. [via @IndyFootball]

Pep Guardiola on the title race: “When a team has 16 victories from 17, it’s unrealistic to think we're going to chase them. It’s unrealistic right now. We have to try to win our games, secure Champions League for next season and then you never know, no?"

"If they [Liverpool] drop a couple of games, and we win and win - I don’t know. When one team lose one game in the last 53, 54, I’m not optimistic they are going to lose four or five in 10 or 11 games because they are incredibly strong..."

"So we must relax and play like this and we’ll see in the end what happens. Hopefully Leicester can make a good performance against Liverpool but we’ve to think about our incredibly tough game against Wolves, with Adama [Traore] and [Raul] Jimenez.”

Not really as traore will probably play wide

yes he tends to play down the right. Which means he’s probably up against Mendy. He’s not the threat that Vardy is in terms of goal scoring but he’s Wolves main attacking threat at the moment.

Wolves always seem to take a while to get going and quite often come to life in the second half. There’s no doubting they’re a good side but they have a limited squad and Nuno tends to pick the same 11 with a couple of exceptions. If we’re clinical we could be a couple of goals up by half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.