Wolves (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Enjoyed that. IMust say I enjoy Grealish nowadays. Rico is wise beyond his years in his passing. The substitutions didn't really help except Ake has really become a great fighter for the cause. Just got home and cheered the Arsenal goal. I'm not sure if that's the right response or not but couldn't help myself.

Much better today, thought we looked much closer to ourselves again after a bad month. Much more energy around the pitch, thought we pressed a lot better and the movement off the ball was closer to us at our best. Not fully there yet but can see the wheel turning again.

Rodri was superb as usual. Controls the midfield and tempo so well and just does his job. Lewis again outstanding for the half he was on, kid looks like he's played for years, especially in the tough role he plays. Jack & Riyad again superb, hope Jack has shut some of the criticism up for a while. He looks to have finally adapted to life with us and his role in the team. Thought Kev looked a lot better and finally returning to the Kev we all know. Akanji and Stones looked solid with Laporte and finally that Traore did nothing against us.

Erling does it again.....to think there were pundits and gobshite YouTube "experts" slagging him off. Man is a machine and just does his job.

Bring on Arsenal in the cup. Can't wait for that one.

Agricultural tackles in the first ten minutes. Yellow cards well deserved, I thought the foul on Gundo was on the limit of red. Ref finally got a grip, Wolves understood that whatever else they were going to do, they were not going to clog us out of the game. I wish refs would put down markers early like this, rather than wagging their fingers and frowning, which nobody gives a toss about.
I'll tell you what. For sheer intent, inventiveness, and speed — above all speed — in that first half, it's a long time since we've seen that City. Good to see them back. Maybe Pep's rant got through. Even though we only scored one, I felt we were better and totally dominated them, in a way that we didn't quite in the second half. There was a visible drop in concentration and effort after the third goal. In fact, for about ten minutes, we were downright sloppy. Good performance overall.
Don't want to single out anyone for their performance. Erling did what he does, Kev looked sharp, loved Riyad for passing when he could easily have shot, thinking of Erling and hat tricks. Generally, I thought Mahrez and Grealish looked good again, taking on their man, not always beating them, but generally creating threat. Ed didn't have a shot to save until late in the second half, I believe. Yet again, Nathan Aké may not be the most creative player going forward, but as a sheer defender defending, I can't fault him.
Properly satisfied. Now, a good test coming up. Let's see where this goes.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.