Wolves (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Now if Pep wants full control of the game and stop players from turning off, this can not happen,
I totally understand your view, in fact it's the right way, but does pep want his cake and eat it with the players and the fans, Games can fizz out at 3.0 up and players don't need to be playing and then fans will turn off go home early or just watch their phones and go for a piss or drink,

maybe it was all just a bit of mind games by pep, but the fans booing took a hell of stick by the media and some city fans as well, once you get into a mind set of turning off even if you're winning then trouble is just around the corner,

would we have got a different reaction at half-time 2.0 down to spurs if we just sat on our hands and do nothing
pep and the players needed a kick up the arse, and it come from the stands and not the half-time talk by pep, in fact we did the team talk for him
All part of the team.

The fans were superb today and the players played to their strengths against a well drilled defensive team.

Please for everyone but to see United lose as well, that was the the cherry on top.

PS. We should be well clear of United and closer to Arsenal, the fiddling cunts.

I was a bit worried in the first half that we'd have one of those games where we had all the possession against a team who make zero effort to attack, then score on the break. Once the first goal went it, that was it. It then became how many would we get.

The defence really bugs me mind, I really don't understand why we chop and change it every game. I wish we'd have a settled back 4 and if, say, the right back is injured put the replacement right back in rather than shifting everyone around. My preference is Stones and Dias in the middle, but Ake is absolutely flying at the minute. Lewis looks a class act at right back - how many great right backs have England got to choose from now!

Haaland did what Haaland does, lurks and doesn't look like he's doing much apart from scoring 3 goals to win the game within 14 minutes. I genuinely think he will become the greatest striker in the history of football. He's utterly, utterly lethal. I find it astonishing in some ways because he didn't have many touches yet turned the game on it's head. How can a player have so little 'contribution' in terms of the game yet be the best player?! :)

Some of Mahrez's touches were absolutely out of this world. The way he takes a ball down with the outside of his left foot is something we take for granted, but when he is in form he's unplayable.

As for Wolves, they shouldn't be a team fighting relegation. They've got some decent players there but they were really poor I thought. If they aren't careful, quite a few will want to move on in summer.

Overall a decent day today. I think Arsenal beating United means they are practically out of the title race. I didn't class them as real contenders but they are out of it really now I think. Arsenal are looking very, very good though and it's clear they are going to push us hard this year. They remind me of the season when Liverpool won the title in that no one expected them to win nearly every game, but they did. I think we're going to need to go on a big winning streak now and when that happens, let's see how they cope mentally - I think they'll crack myself. Friday will be a fascinating game and I fully expect Arteta to field a weakened side so as not to give Pep anything to learn from. Will Pep tinker with the team? Course :)

COME ON CITY!

Good performance today. we pretty much controlled the game from start to finish. I thought Wolves were quite poor, Podence looked lively for them when he came on, but didn't see much quality from them apart from him.

Only slight downside is we probably should have scored a few more. But overall a good day at the office.

All part of the team.

The fans were superb today and the players played to their strengths against a well drilled defensive team.

Please for everyone but to see United lose as well, that was the the cherry on top.

PS. We should be well clear of United and closer to Arsenal, the fiddling cunts.
I was holding my nose and hoping for a rags win - rags not the threat of Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.