Wolves (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

He sure looked more offside than Mahrez. Nketiah also looked offside.
If a player was wearing a blue shirt in similar circumstances to the Goons winning goal there is no chance it would have been allowed , Premier league want a different winner and preferably an i'stree club that plays in red.
Like every season we have to play the football establishment as well as our opponents in every game , the Mahrez offside goal and the Grealish peanalty just two more examples of the agenda.
Pep has worked miracles to bring us titles considering the opposition

If we play like we did against Spurs and Wolves, Arse will beat us.
Maybe you are under estimating our football club , the youthfullness of the Goons squad will bite them in the arse at some stage of the season and our serial winners will step up to the plate , have a little faith , and dont forget we are up against Southern Shandy Drinkers ;)

Just re-watched the highlights and that grealish pen call.

Trouble was , in the build up to that, the ref missed a very obvious free kick to wolves (foul by jack). City then break away and i think it was very minimal contact on grealish and not a pen.bhe felt contact on his calf and went down . I really dont think it was a foul and anyone that says “there was contact so was entitled to go down” is wrong, football isna contact game …. Just

Now i know 2 wrongs dont make a right n all that but in the refs mind, hes just fucked up by not giving the free kick to wolves and couldnt doubly fuck up by giving what would be (IMO) a very soft pen to city.

I thought the ref lost control about 15 mins in and his decisions were erratic
I think that people who think this was soft need to watch it again - the angle from behind Jack. The Wolves player hooked Grealish's leg, he didn't just touch his calf and he went down.

That said, if there was a foul in the build up and that's why it wasn't given, that needs to have been explained, because as things stand it looks like another clear pen not given.

They could easily clear this up by stating what and why decisions are or are not given, all they need to do is say foul by attacking team in the build up.
Then the ball should’ve restarted at the halfway line, otherwise the decision makes no sense, we did t even get get checking for potential penalty in the stadium just a load of players around the ref nobody knew what was going on, they don’t give a fuck about fans.

What stands out for me is…

The refusal to pass forward into space when it’s clearly on. The amount of times the team go back instead of playing a forward ball that’s on is scary.

Haaland would have already been on 40+ goal this year if the team just went forward when it’s clearly on. I understand being patient and going backwards if nothing is on but good god I’m tired of seeing players turn back when going for the kill is on.
It's simple, if there's no outlet, retain the ball, the opposition can't score if we retain possession, no point in knocking it forward just for the sake of it.

yep totally, a stone wall pen that VAR missed ? even the mahrez goal should have stood with the so-called new rules letting the forward have a bigger margin ? the arsenal winner was a worst offside, but given, dare I even say zinchenko was also offside
The higher bar for "clear and obvious errors" makes it easier to manipulate results. The PL have stated they want new title winners every few years and we fail to get a goal and a penalty on the same day Arsenal get a dodgy offside winner.
Am I being too cynical?

Well why the fuck don’t they let the supporters know that, we have paid to watch and should be kept informed.
The ref didn't know what was going on. He didn't make the decision for about 2 minutes. He was listening to someone speaking to him in his earpiece. Gave a goal kick after he'd been told what to do. When the decision should have been a free kick to Wolves on the half way line.
It was a stonewall pen btw

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.