Wolves (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Just re-watched the highlights and that grealish pen call.

Trouble was , in the build up to that, the ref missed a very obvious free kick to wolves (foul by jack). City then break away and i think it was very minimal contact on grealish and not a pen.bhe felt contact on his calf and went down . I really dont think it was a foul and anyone that says “there was contact so was entitled to go down” is wrong, football isna contact game …. Just

Now i know 2 wrongs dont make a right n all that but in the refs mind, hes just fucked up by not giving the free kick to wolves and couldnt doubly fuck up by giving what would be (IMO) a very soft pen to city.

I thought the ref lost control about 15 mins in and his decisions were erratic
He lost control 7 and a half minutes in when trying to have a word with the wolves player and the player just kept walking off and giving hand gestures back to the ref.

There was also the wrestling in the box several times from the same free kick that he kept bottling decisions on. Fairly sure he had blown the whistle for the kick to ve taken when it was happening.

Weak man getting zero respect from the beginning of the game.

No coincidence that after letting the wolves players off they then go and take out gundogan. Could have been avoided.

They could easily clear this up by stating what and why decisions are or are not given, all they need to do is say foul by attacking team in the build up.

Yeah, this.

The thing that pissed me off even more than the crap decision in the derby was that the lino and the ref were covering their mouths while they discussed it!

Contrast with Rugby where there's a publicly transmitted discussion could not be more stark.

Maybe you are under estimating our football club , the youthfullness of the Goons squad will bite them in the arse at some stage of the season and our serial winners will step up to the plate , have a little faith , and dont forget we are up against Southern Shandy Drinkers ;)
Win the next 3 games in the league and we are back in it and should go all the way. Won't be easy doing that though, but let's see.

It's simple, if there's no outlet, retain the ball, the opposition can't score if we retain possession, no point in knocking it forward just for the sake of it.
There were numerous occasions Lewis could’ve put Haaland in through the channel but choose not to, now is this because it’s drilled into him not to lose possession? I think it is, some players are clearly terrified of Peps reaction (I don’t blame an 18 year old by the way) so won’t take that chance, I do get it, but it seems unless it’s KDB that ball is never on.

Well why the fuck don’t they let the supporters know that, we have paid to watch and should be kept informed.
Commentator on GMR said that the Premier League had confirmed that the decision was "no reason to overturn", so nothing to do with the foul on the half way line.

I thought it bizarre that they didn't show/discuss the incident on MotD2.

There were numerous occasions Lewis could’ve put Haaland in through the channel but choose not to, now is this because it’s drilled into him not to lose possession? I think it is, some players are clearly terrified of Peps reaction (I don’t blame an 18 year old by the way) so won’t take that chance, I do get it, but it seems unless it’s KDB that ball is never on.
I sit in CB Level 2 and had a Birds Eye view of Rico's play in the first half, he didn't have the opportunity to do that, he lost possession just twice I think and was suffering from the battering he got from the Spuds on Thursday. He didn't have "numerous" opportunities to play the ball to Haaland but his play is nearly always positively forward thinking.

Commentator on GMR said that the Premier League had confirmed that the decision was "no reason to overturn", so nothing to do with the foul on the half way line.

I thought it bizarre that they didn't show/discuss the incident on MotD2.
Because we won 3-0 so they don't bother. But then when we get one that goes our way, they'll show it and it will look like we get all the decisions and are not robbed of fouls/pens in every game.

Maybe you are under estimating our football club , the youthfullness of the Goons squad will bite them in the arse at some stage of the season and our serial winners will step up to the plate , have a little faith , and dont forget we are up against Southern Shandy Drinkers ;)
Mate, just like Leicester in 2016, Arsenal are the real deal. We take them lightly at our own peril!

It's simple, if there's no outlet, retain the ball, the opposition can't score if we retain possession, no point in knocking it forward just for the sake of it.
Agreed to a point, but I've seen several instances where players have the option to drive at a couple of defenders, therefore creating jeopardy in the opposition box, but have turned back or passed sideways.

The difference against Spurs was in the second half & with nothing to lose & everything to gain, we let Jack & Riyad off the leash & created the unpredictable jeopardy we didn't have in the first.

Yes we lost possession several times, but in the process we scored four. It's this unpredictable jeopardy option that we've lost since Sterling & Sané.

Also, we seem to have lost the ability to regularly raise our levels beyond that of our opposition at the flick of a switch. When teams raised the tempo & pace against us in the past, we'd match & raise it again & keep doing so until the opposition were blown away. This season, it seems like we've hit a tempo glass ceiling.

Is this physical? Is our winning mentality waning? Is it a combination of both? Pep's regular comments this season about players being out of condition, not wanting to be here & being too comfortable has weighed on my mind for months & it seems with good reason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.