Wolves (H) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Thought we looked good yesterday. Certainly playing to a level we witnessed in other title winning years.

One thing that was noticeable was while the score was 0-0, on a number of occasions when we were in a good attacking position (e.g. Grealish looking to take on the RB), Wolves would have 7/8 outfielders in the box and we would commit just three. It would be good to see us take more calculated risks. The same has happened throughout the season. More so than in previous years.

This is the Mahrez offside the lino flags for, ridiculous he could determine that, he was guessing and VAR Ref England can't over rule as it's not clear and obvious. Why didn't the Lino just keep his flag down and let VAR rule? I think the goal would have stood.
Not quite right, the rules on offside for VAR would be to use the lines. From that image Mahrez is marginally off.

The “subjective” issue with Rashford in the derby was whether he was interfering with play. The entire footballing world saw he was in fact interfering but that scuttering gobsheen Attwell thought otherwise, the gormless twat.

Not quite right, the rules on offside for VAR would be to use the lines. From that image Mahrez is marginally off.

The “subjective” issue with Rashford in the derby was whether he was interfering with play. The entire footballing world saw he was in fact interfering but that scuttering gobsheen Attwell thought otherwise, the gormless twat.
He could be a toenail offside but that's taking VAR to an extreme, the Lino couldn't possibly make that call, he should leave it to VAR who should then determine if it was "clear and obvious" which it wasn't. I'm not too bothered about it but let's say that cost us two points yesterday, we'd be fuming and it wouldn't happen to certain other teams would it?

Have to say I really enjoyed yesterday. I thought we were very good though a little slow in starting. First half wolves didn’t get a kick. I thought we were looking for Haaland a fair bit and only last ditch tackles and blocks denied him. I thought himself, Mahrez, Lewis and Grealish worked hard in our press. Definitely a step in the right direction.

One thing I did notice and left me scratching my head is Grealish constantly receiving his passes on his right foot, he never lets the ball across him to his left. If he did he can go either side but the pass to his right immediately checks his run and almost forces him inside. Maybe it’s a deliberate policy but recently Mahrez has had success going outside with his right rather than his usual cut back to his left and it’s contributed to a huge improvement in his contribution.

Yep, Rico was doing OK until he took another smash by a wolves player and it sort of knock all the stuffing out of him
I will say when KDB took over his slot when taking the ball from Mahrez inside the game changed and one great cross to Haaland and goal

Rico Lewis is one for the future and I think he will now be rested from the first team and back in the youth team or on the bench for Walker,
No way he goes back to the youth team setup. It is remarkable that the manager sent him into battle again after the huge shift he put in against Spuds. Of course Walker will interchange with him but no way he sits permanently on the bench.

Because we won 3-0 so they don't bother. But then when we get one that goes our way, they'll show it and it will look like we get all the decisions and are not robbed of fouls/pens in every game.
Exactly, falls into the 'you won so what are you moaning about' category.

He could be a toenail offside but that's taking VAR to an extreme, the Lino couldn't possibly make that call, he should leave it to VAR who should then determine if it was "clear and obvious" which it wasn't. I'm not too bothered about it but let's say that cost us two points yesterday, we'd be fuming and it wouldn't happen to certain other teams would it?
The linesman gambled but was proved right but there’s no clear and obvious rule on offside, the use the lines and you’re either off or onside nothing about clear and obvious. That’s supposed to referee to errors by the match referee but interpreted really badly in the premier league.

This is the Mahrez offside the lino flags for, ridiculous he could determine that, he was guessing and VAR Ref England can't over rule as it's not clear and obvious. Why didn't the Lino just keep his flag down and let VAR rule? I think the goal would have stood.
You could do with getting your telly sorted out either that or City need a new line painter at that end.

The linesman gambled but was proved right but there’s no clear and obvious rule on offside, the use the lines and you’re either off or onside nothing about clear and obvious. That’s supposed to referee to errors by the match referee but interpreted really badly in the premier league.
I can remember other incidents especially involving the Dippers where lines haven't been drawn to determine an offside, it shouldn't be forensically investigated and the Lino yesterday couldn't possibly know that was offside, VAR Ref England had been involved in some very dubious decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.