Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Think Pep needs that grey cardigan back, on a more reflective note I agree with most of posters opinions on the midfield, I thought the midfield played more of a 1-1-1 front to back rather than across the park, we were mugged again twice although wolves defended well.
Time to lump a bet on us now we're 6/4 and dippers a giddy odds on.

The Ota brainfart aside, I actually thought we were okay at Norwich. I didn't feel like I did after yesterday.

Yesterday was the first time in 2 years I felt as though we were well below our standard.

After Norwich I knew we would bounce back. I'm not so sure now.
That,s the problem there was something seminal about what went on yesterday Kev is central to this at present as unlike last season when he is missing we don't currently have an obvious stand in and of course the fact that this is accompanied by a makeshift defence is very worrying. If we go to the dippers with a line up like yesterday we could get a hiding.

Think Pep needs that grey cardigan back, on a more reflective note I agree with most of posters opinions on the midfield, I thought the midfield played more of a 1-1-1 front to back rather than across the park, we were mugged again twice although wolves defended well.
Time to lump a bet on us now we're 6/4 and dippers a giddy odds on.
We were done more than twice it could of been a nightmare if they took their chances in the first half. Think I would need 4 or 5 to one to lump a bet on after yesterday.

The one sequence that bothered me the most. Once we went behind a goal the players started getting forward more. Rodri starts deep and ends up around the 18 yd box. Gundogen starts more forward than Rodri, but never gets within 30 yds of goal. We lose possession after a few passes. Rodri then races back and makes an interception around the 30 yd area. Maybe 5 yds from where Gundogen had been the entire sequence.

Players have bad days. Players make mistakes. But there was never a sense of urgency and extra effort from Gundogen once we went behind. You saw it from everyone else I thought. That pissed me off more than anything else.

We played like the City team in Pep's first year.

Older, ageing players who no longer had the legs to run like they used to.

NO, Angelino as a attacking player is decent as a defender , a total and utter car crash.
Based on a poor pre-season? Mendy's poor defensively, and not up to full fitness. Zinchenko's hardly Maldini either, he's solid but can be easily outmuscled, outpaced or vulnerable to balls over the top. With a full strength team, he could be great.

I was out yesterday so had to follow the game on that god-awful BBC Sport live feed (which always reads like it's being written by some social media intern whose knowledge of football comes from having played a lot of FIFA).

Anyways, when I read for the first goal that Otamendi had been nutmegged I knew exacltly what had happenned without needing to see it: I thought, he's dived in too early like he always does and the player has just skipped past him. Lo and behold, I watch the highlights and that's exacty what he did.

How a defender of his experience can still be so thick is beyond me. He was magnificant 17-18, got into the Team of the Year (yet still probably didn't get the credit from some quarters that he deserved) but before that season and certainly since then he's been rash, stupid and sometimes comical. He has had all the attributes to be a world class defender, except for a brain.

I was out yesterday so had to follow the game on that god-awful BBC Sport live feed (which always reads like it's being written by some social media intern whose knowledge of football comes from having played a lot of FIFA).

Anyways, when I read for the first goal that Otamendi had been nutmegged I knew exacltly what had happenned without needing to see it: I thought, he's dived in too early like he always does and the player has just skipped past him. Lo and behold, I watch the highlights and that's exacty what he did.

How a defender of his experience can still be so thick is beyond me. He was magnificant 17-18, got into the Team of the Year (yet still probably didn't get the credit from some quarters that he deserved) but before that season and certainly since then he's been rash, stupid and sometimes comical. He has had all the attributes to be a world class defender, except for a brain.
You will then be quite surprised if you watch Pep's post-match press conference. He makes some points about poor quality possession which left our defenders exposed

Last edited:
Need to start getting Angelino into the team. I can understand Foden not getting games (sort of...) but why sell an academy product, buy them after a 2 year spell in Team of the Season, and then not play him when Mendy's perpetually injured and Zinchenko is not a natural left-back?
Would appear he is now fourth choice left back after yesterday. I thought he was very good when he came on against Watford but that game of course was over as a contest by the time he arrived on the scene.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.