Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

The moment I saw Wolves 3-5-2 formation I knew we would struggle. We always do against that formation.

And Otamendi, why the fck is he still in our team?! He is missing a football brain. Absolutely useless. We have a clever Eric Garcia - play him! Fernandinho is not even a defender and he is five times better than Otamendi and Walker together.

We can forget about the league. Having Sane and Laporte long term injured combined with Luckypools incredible fkng luck will prove to be too much.

Full on BM melt down, supercharged by the nightmare thought of dippers winning the league. Sounds reasonable.
Wolves created almost nothing, didn't have to, simple hoof created two on two and one on one every time we gifted them the ball. A feature of our team has been the amount of options the ball carrier normally has, today that never happened, which affected the "engine room" the most severely. Why it happened wont be explained by a few lines on a forum, by steaming pissed-off fans itching to join the lynch-mob. From having the best team spirit of any past city team, to a bunch of strangers with no cohesion, has no "usual suspects" to scape-goat, though the mob has decided it's Pep's "stubbornness, favouritism, lack of ability, and reluctance to sign replacements," etc. That was dire today, players looking a shadow of themselves, instead of our "keep-ball" that wears down the oppo, we looked incapable of stringing passes together for any meaningful length of time, as fans we arent used to seeing our team be so "average" (to be kind) not only no cherry, not even any cake. Wolves should have scored five, City hit the bar from a free-kick, nuff said.

Is anyone else completely fucked off with the absolutely shite quality of our crosses? That's even if you can call them that. Dogshit.

I am wrong in this comment, Coady, Boly , Bennett are all over 6 ft 2 , so if you keep throwing the ball in the air they win it every time, so you change the way you play, but not us today we kept playing the same way launching hight balls in for Kun, absolute joke. Where was the direction to change it, for me there wasn't any, and as long as Ottamendi continues to play, we hand Liverpool the title now, he was appalling today a utter liability.
Let me know if i am wrong

Full on BM melt down, supercharged by the nightmare thought of dippers winning the league. Sounds reasonable.
Wolves created almost nothing, didn't have to, simple hoof created two on two and one on one every time we gifted them the ball. A feature of our team has been the amount of options the ball carrier normally has, today that never happened, which affected the "engine room" the most severely. Why it happened wont be explained by a few lines on a forum, by steaming pissed-off fans itching to join the lynch-mob. From having the best team spirit of any past city team, to a bunch of strangers with no cohesion, has no "usual suspects" to scape-goat, though the mob has decided it's Pep's "stubbornness, favouritism, lack of ability, and reluctance to sign replacements," etc. That was dire today, players looking a shadow of themselves, instead of our "keep-ball" that wears down the oppo, we looked incapable of stringing passes together for any meaningful length of time, as fans we arent used to seeing our team be so "average" (to be kind) not only no cherry, not even any cake. Wolves should have scored five, City hit the bar from a free-kick, nuff said.
They didn’t have to create anything because Walker created two chances for them in the first half, Otamendi created a chance for them in the first half and Rodri created both goals for them.

We created more good opportunities for Wolves than we did for ourselves!

Good points.
But I think Gundos performance is directly linked to the non-performance of the front 3, as you've described.

Our pressing was non-existent too. All in all not enough energy today.

Wolves deserved a 0-0 not a win, we have served their goals on a silver plate. Terrible mistakes.

I thought they deserved the win. They defended well & deliberately took advantage of our lack of pace in midfield, to cause mistakes & get at our scratch defence.

I wouldn't want to watch them play, weekly, but then I wouldn't want to watch today's slow, non creative City team play weekly either.

They didn’t have to create anything because Walker created two chances for them in the first half, Otamendi created a chance for them in the first half and Rodri created both goals for them.

We created more good opportunities for Wolves than we did for ourselves!

Mahrez created one of them didn’t he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.