Wolves (H) - Post-Match Thread

We should of scored at least 2/3, missing these big chances puts pressure on everybody. I agree re the dip & I think it’s more confidence of scoring. A top striker would not be missing these. Wolves were shit & had 10 men plus they could easily of scored at the end.
I honestly believe (and it is nigh on impossible to tell without putting to the test) that we would not dominate games like we do and hence have less chances if we played with a true striker. There are definitely times when we need a striker and to take a slightly different approach, but I am not sure if today was the game. The premier league title comes from getting the 3 points when you are in a dip. My biggest worry at the moment is KDB, I really don't want to spin a negative but it seems as though he has forgotten how to play football. Wolves were walking past him when he came on....no pressing, no attempts at tackles or even tactical fouls, he was standing completely flat footed most of the time just like his last few appearances.

“Hey Jude” was played as the teams came out.

About 3 people joined in, and only about 60% of the stadium had bothered to get to their seats by that time. Never known a set of fans so not arsed about being in the ground by the time the game kicks off.
It’s a wonder why lots of city fans actually go. Yes everyone has there reasons, but lots of people seem like they don’t enjoy it at all. It’s a chore and they go out of habit

Job done. In league title races it's all about leaving the game with 3 pts. Ederson deserved MOTM for that save alone. It's another league win so let's keep it going.

But...we need a goalscorer. We have some wonderfully gifted attackers yet none of them are clinical; given the brand of football we play it's tantamount to criminal how many chances we require to score. We cannot keep up this 'false 9' experiment for next season; I believe we're an Erling Haaland away from being the greatest league team in history. I just hope this is registering with Pep as it is with us.

Lot of spoilt numpties on here thinking this was an awful effort by our lads. It was a HARD game against tough and dirty cheats and we came out on top. Well done. Toss-up between Raz and Cancelo for motm. Jack will grow into the team and hopefully Phil and Kev will find form. Also thought Laporte looked confident, good to see. And Moss, well what can you say?
Cancelo's worse game for ages I thought. Grealish still resembles a slightly square peg in a round hole and we only had any joy down our right as him and Zinchenko engineered nothing down the left all game. Bernardo - our talisman - largely subdued too. Foden and KDB did very little of note after coming on. Jesus anonymous. Sterling very lively and always a handful.
Jimenez should receive an additional ban for remaining on the pitch for as he did after he was shown red. That's disrespectful to the officials and bringing the game into disrepute in my book.

Hate Wolves with a vengeance. Horrible supporters and a team of cheats. Ever since a Friday night at their place when they beat us 4-0 or 4-1 with everyone in the stadium singing like watching Man U. And today a shit Man Utd. As for Saiss down for 2 mins with playacting that for once even the commentary team laughed at. They got what they deserved for total anti football.
And the twat clearly fouled Sterling and tried picking him up after. I think that's what wound the players up, when he was acting up and were quick to remind him.

I honestly believe (and it is nigh on impossible to tell without putting to the test) that we would not dominate games like we do and hence have less chances if we played with a true striker. There are definitely times when we need a striker and to take a slightly different approach, but I am not sure if today was the game. The premier league title comes from getting the 3 points when you are in a dip. My biggest worry at the moment is KDB, I really don't want to spin a negative but it seems as though he has forgotten how to play football. Wolves were walking past him when he came on....no pressing, no attempts at tackles or even tactical fouls, he was standing completely flat footed most of the time just like his last few appearances.
We dominated with aguero

A physically unqualified referee just might have a place in the game still. Three points.

Cancelo's worse game for ages I thought. Grealish still resembles a slightly square peg in a round hole and we only had any joy down our right as him and Zinchenko engineered nothing down the left all game. Bernardo - our talisman - largely subdued too. Foden and KDB did very little of note after coming on. Jesus anonymous. Sterling very lively and always a handful.
Jimenez should receive an additional ban for remaining on the pitch for as he did after he was shown red. That's disrespectful to the officials and bringing the game into disrepute in my book.

To be fair, being disrespectful to Moss is a plus factor in my book.

The man is a total ****.

Do not on our w about you lot but I’m boiling with rage at the shithousery of Wolves and the utter corruption of that fat useless **** Moss..
Well done City for putting up with both and still coming out with a well deserved 3 points…

I must apologise to the missus too as I bet my mortgage Raheem would miss the pen.. Fuckin worth it to see him slot it home, with aplomb . :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.