Wolves (H) - Post-Match Thread

14:26

'Man City have been fortunate'​

Man City 1-0 Wolves
1371f045-2aa9-416c-8d3f-298a81c9be00.jpg

Jonathan Woodgate
Former England defender on BBC Radio 5 Live
Man City have been very fortunate because they haven't really created that many chances. Jose Sa hasn't had that many saves to make.
Defensively, Wolves have done really well considering they're down to 10 men. The fans are getting a bit tetchy now and this could lead into something.
Hahaha what was he watching? City had 11 shots on target lol

did Conor Coady say anything about the 3 stone wall pens today with handball
Ah yes Conor Coady, the guy BT gave a 10 minute tribute to whilst the game was playing.
I was just waiting for McPointy to finish it with "aint scouse great Fletch"

I wouldn’t play Kev. He is a liability at the moment. We seem to be talking about him playing his way back to fitness for a long time.
He looks a shadow of himself in everything about his game. Passing. Decision making and yes definitely speed and fitness.

I’d trust Foden and Grealish, who needs to get up to speed with our game, more and definitely Gundogan if he is fit enough.

Bernardo is undroppable in the league and I worry with Rodri out.

With Walker back I think Zinchenko can do enough to cover for Cancelo being out.

Our main concern with Fern not up to it anymore is how to dominate the DM position.
Rodri is not out

A horrible 90 minutes of football but justice was done in the end.
But we wasted so many chances to keep the pressure on late in the game with slow build up play which allowed Wolves players to get back.
I know Pep favours possession over everything but sometimes going for the jugular is the sensible option.
I see a similar story on Tuesday unless we score early.

Early kick off pissing down, match on telly, a couple of weeks to Cristmas, a hiding to nothing match, home match on Tueday too. Decent attendance imo and what atmosphere do you expect against that sort of team?

It wasn't quite as sluggish as mid week, I just think we are in a little bit of a dip at the moment. I think the needing a striker thing is unrelated.
We should of scored at least 2/3, missing these big chances puts pressure on everybody. I agree re the dip & I think it’s more confidence of scoring. A top striker would not be missing these. Wolves were shit & had 10 men plus they could easily of scored at the end.

Did we play any city tune as players came out ? I don’t recall blue moon or anything today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.