Wolves (H) - Post-Match Thread

Time assisting is part and parcel of the game, the ones to stop it are the officials.
Why are you defending anti-football? It's not easy to stop a side who are intent on playing that way. What was significant about Wolves was that seemed to be their sole strategy and this from a side that has Jimenez, Adama Traore, Joao Moutinho, Neves etc.

They deserve criticism.

See Leeds at chelsea, and they were without their best players.

Last edited:
Gundogan is some player but takes a crap corner. Grealish took a beauty in one game and hasn't taken one since. Phil is a much better option.
He (Grealish) took two good ones in the first half.

Wolves are better than what they attempted yesterday. That was worse than any anti football display I have ever seen at the Etihad including Burnley, Newcastle or Pullis' WBA and Palace teams of the past. They were aided and abetted by the worse Premier League referee in history. Does that arsehole Moss, nor any of the Wolves management realise that gave was televised to every corner of the globe yesterday, and as the only game at that time it would have been the game that was watched. The Premier League should look at fining teams like Wolves for non football performances like that when all they did was feign injury and waste time. A boxing promoter would withhold a fight purse from a boxer who showed no interest in trying to make a match and prior to that the referee would halt the bout as a bloody non contest.

Just a shocking game and God help the Wolves supporters if that is what their new manager is serving up each week.
The Wolves Manager said he was proud of how his team played in the first half!! I agree their game plan was to break up the play using spoiling tactics, the worst one of the lot was Saiss on the floor after Sterling's finger nail made contact with him, at the match I thought he was play acting , but wanted to see the incident again on TV to clarify, however it appears to have been omitted from both MOTD and BT coverage, wonder why ?

Wolves at best are a midtable team playing the champions of England.

What do you want them to do? Play an open attacking game and get hammered?

They do what they can, all that matters to them is to get to 40 points as quickly as possible and then build on that.
That is what I said to my son at the match.

Why are you defending anti-football? It's not easy to stop a side who are intent on playing that way. What was significant about Wolves was that seemed to be their sole strategy and this from a side that has Jimenez, Adama Traore, Joao Moutinho, Neves etc.

They deserve criticism.

See Leeds at chelsea, and they were without their best players.
They are a very average side playing against one if not the best club side in the world.

I don't understand why some of our fans expect a club to roll over and play to our strengths.

Football is a results business, managers/players jobs depend upon it.

They are a very average side playing against one if not the best club side in the world.

I don't understand why some of our fans expect a club to roll over and play to our strengths.

Football is a results business, managers/players jobs depend upon it.

They have probably better players than Brighton but will probably finish below Brighton. You can get results playing expansive football. You can't get results when you score 1 goal in 5 games.

They have probably better players than Brighton but will probably finish below Brighton. You can get results playing expansive football. You can't get results when you score 1 goal in 5 games.
Brighton have a very progressive manager , potentially a fantastic manager, although I still think they will finish in the bottom half of the table because of the quality of their players.

Wolves are in transition, after a brilliant return to the Premier , they have now stalled and regressed , their owners have invested little in the last 2 seasons and it shows.

Runs a lot. Dives. Shithouse. Zero threat to the opposition.
He is nowhere near our standard and would shrug my shoulders if we got our money back.
When did he last have a good game?
Against Championship Norwich?
He did well in that training session at the swamp.
He's always on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for a quick through ball, but our midfield never see him and pass sideways or backwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.