Wolves (H) - Sun 22nd Jan, 14:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be fascinating how the squad replies. Don't think Pep has ever thrashed his team so publicly - at least not here - so genuinely can't wait to see their response. Think there were 4 or 5 his ire was directed at in particular so interested to see if any of them make it back into the XI
Foden, Cancelo, Walker, Bernardo and possibly De Bruyne must be the ones he's referring to.

Huge players for us when on their game, hopefully his rant will give them the kick up the arse they need.

I’d be surprised if Lewis plays Sunday. He looked shot last night after the shift he put in. He is only young and that was a very intense game for him last night. More likely to play next Friday I would have thought.

I actually think Pep will make a few changes and KDB, Walker and Dias will he back in. Possibly Bernado too.
If walker plays, cancelo will too. Pep typically has one inverted fb which is cancelo when walker starts.

Going to be fascinating how the squad replies. Don't think Pep has ever thrashed his team so publicly - at least not here - so genuinely can't wait to see their response. Think there were 4 or 5 his ire was directed at in particular so interested to see if any of them make it back into the XI
Yes the first 15 mins will tell us whether the players respond or whether they dont listen anymore.

Foden, Cancelo, Walker, Bernardo and possibly De Bruyne must be the ones he's referring to.

Huge players for us when on their game, hopefully his rant will give them the kick up the arse they need.
It was everyone. The first half was just as shit as any of the last games. We had 1 shot on target.

It’s shit or bust time. This is the perfect time to get some momentum behind us and put some pressure on Arsenal. Like you said, if we don’t get a good performance on Sunday then we probably should just concede the title.
What with 17 more games to play??? I am sure there will be plenty of twists and turns for most clubs yet.

Get the points on sunday and start putting arsenal under pressure feel theyve been too comfortable especially with us tending to play first then dropping points giving them confidence to extend their lead , pep leave the shakles off and play a bit more with the second half chaos. Also hopefully peps speech is the wake up call that was needed

If they're fit, Lewis, ake and alvarez have to start which gives Pep some difficult choices.

Ederson
Lewis
Stones
Laporte
Ake
Rodri
Bernardo
Kdb
Mahrez
Alvarez
Haaland

With alvarez playing wide left.

Whatever the team, we cannot under any circumstances start slowly again, there has to be that energy and zip to our game like the second half last night. move the ball quickly, move it forward and play to create a goal rather than simply not give it away. That's what has been killing us and that was the difference second half. I want to see us blitz them for the first 15 minutes and if we do manage to score first, do not sit on it, be ruthless go for the second and kill it.

I'm relieved City are over their blip. That was a fan-tastic 2nd half against Spurs and sets us up nicely for the next half of the season. Keep your foot firmly on the accelerator City. I don't know about other City fans but I'm a firm believer that we play miles better when we attack. Passing sideways & backwards for prolonged periods just doesn't suit us. Maybe the players over think it sometimes but if they do exactly as they did from minute 50 last night then it'll be another great season. It would be fan-tastic to do another treble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.