Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

Not seen the game. Listened to a little bit of commentary late on.

Sounds like a typical City defeat to me. The game was clearly played in the Wolves half: the match stats and player positions show City dominating.

Also sounds like the guy who socred the winner should have been sent off in the first half.

Dreadful result for sure.
Stats don’t really reflect the game. We created next to nothing in open play. For some reason players were taking pot shots from everywhere today including Dias and Akanji!

Not much to say really. Just another game where we huffed and puffed in the face of a parked bus and created almost nothing, yet conceded from the opposition’s first attack. Without Bernie there’s no-one to wriggle free around the edge of the box, and without Rodri there’s no real control whatsoever.
West Ham, Red Star, Newcastle, Sheffield United, Wolves. Some we go on and win, some we end up losing, but either the pattern is a repeated one.

It wasn't a great performance, but I don't think we were nearly as bad as some on here are making out. Fairly typical early season away defeat, we seem to get one or two every year, not much else to say really. Loads to learn and adapt but I am dreading seeing some of the overreactions on here.
The overreactions on here can be so over the top. Terrible game but regroup and play better Wednesday

They all are. Some performances have been iffy to say the least, Taylor ( No surprise) and Pawson today.... actually no surprise there either. These new rules are certainly being used to the max to allow teams to kick fuck out of us and spoil the game, so levelling it out.
6 mins at the end was a joke too! Minimum 10 if not longer !

Problem with working with a small squad is that it seems to be getting smaller and smaller.
I disagree. As it stands we've no one who can replace Rodri or KDB adequately. Paqueta would have been a far better acquisition than Nunes for KDB, & outside of Camavinga, I've no idea who comes close to Rodders.

Without them & Bernardo, Pep needs a serious rethink.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.