Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

Personally I don’t think we’ve looked at our normal level this season, even with the six wins and our usual tendency to start slowly.

Newcastle at home was our best performance, but we haven’t clicked yet and a number of players look below their usual level, most obviously Haaland although he’s not alone in that.

Too early to judge the transfer window but we had to replace a phenomenal player in Gundogan, and a very talented one in Mahrez, and we also needed to buy a top class midfielder in addition to rotate or play alongside Rodri.

Not convinced we’ve ticked those boxes to be honest and at the moment we look like we’ve bought players who look good when we’re on song, but who struggle to change a game when we’re struggling. Certainly miss Gundogan’s ability to chip in with a goal.

Perhaps we needed to be a bit more ambitious with our midfield signings and although I’m not arsed about missing out on Rice, the fact we put a bid in for him suggests to me that we didn’t really have our ducks in a row this summer.
We have had a piss easy start. That’s the only reason we are on 18/21. Football wise we have been nowhere near our best in a few of the games. The lack of goals from midfield will become a problem this season. Gundogan and Mahrez scored loads and despite the latter being lazy, he was a threat.

A proper smash amd grab, they did fuck all but be aggresive and time waste.

we were no terrible, but showed a soft underbelly and lack of strength

However Kovacic and foden were piss weak and bullied all game, unless he asked takong nunes off was a poor decision that only made us look weaker

Doku, great on the ball but he needs to support his fullback when out of possesion the first goal wouldn't happen if he tracked back.

Finally our fans haave forgotten we don't always win, some right moany fuckers stood round me
Yeah, but this game wasn't one that we should have lost. Who had all the shot? Twenty-nine apparently. Does any side have as many shots with such a meagre return?

I am rather sympathetic to the Blues who spent their hard-earned watching that if it was as bad as it seemed!

I thought when we equalised we’d go on and beat Wolves, they played like their lives depended on it, … it happens get over it off somebody who saw dross like that week in week out for over two decades …

We’ll be there it there abouts when the pots are dished out, goes to prove we’re human after all.

Before today I thought it was just internet City fans that behaved like spoilt children but some of the nobheads in the away end today proved me wrong.

Apparently quite a few of the players that played significant parts in a historic treble winning season are bobbins!
There's a section of our support (moreso online than at the games, but not exclusively so) that are dicks. But I guess that every club has them, so why should we be any different?

We can sustain this defeat because of our prior form but it doesn't give us any leeway now against Arsenal next week - Liverpool will go top with a win at Spurs later. Hmmm... I wonder which Spurs will turn up, 1970 Brazil (when they play us) or Derby 2008 when they play Liverpool.

I know everybody hates it when the ref gets blamed for a loss. We were shite today. But seriously, how the fuck is that not a second yellow?

Instead of handing them out like confetti for poking the ball a couple of yards, try sending players off for stonewall fucking yellows.

The way he allowed them to control the flow of the game with their blatant diving and cheating was also pathetic.

As for us, absolutely abject. I've been a little concerned about some blues getting carried away about our start to the season - to my mind, we've had two genuinely impressive performances so far against Newcastle and West Ham, and we could easily have dropped points against the latter. The rest of our wins have come against sides we should be swatting aside with ease - we got lucky against Fulham with the offside goal right on half time, we killed a dead body in Burnley and we nearly fucked it up against Sheffield United. Forest was looking like a comfortable game for the first half an hour but we lost control. Sevilla was a shit performance which we were lucky to win on penalties, and Red Star were appalling yet we struggled to break them down. I'm not counting the Community Shield but we were poor that day as well,

It's understandable - Pep is once again having to change the way we play. We seriously missed the control that became our trademark over the last few years - Foden and Alvarez look for goal every time, as does Doku. Throw in Nunes and Kovacic who want to carry the ball, and you have absolutely nobody who can just keep things ticking over. Bernardo is a huge miss and unfortunately he's missed most of the season so far. Kev is obviously crucial. Grealish isn't fit either. Take out Rodri too, and it's a total mess.

Pep got his subs wrong today. I loved the call to bring Bobb on - I thought it worked well. He was really bright, and the goal came directly from that. But Ake and Doku should have been off for Gvardiol and Grealish on the hour. And Rico Lewis would have offered more than Phillips.

I have no idea where that Ake performance came from. His battle with Neto was like Adama Traore v Mendy from a few years ago. Absolutely rancid. Kovacic, on today's showing, is half the player without Rodri holding his hand. Nunes didn't do much wrong, I honestly think Pep wanted to shut the crowd up with that sub.

Phil has to do so much more in games like this. We've been saying for years that he needs to step into that role of being the main playmaker, but when given the opportunity this season he's been poor. Doku was wasteful, but that's going to happen every now and then. Haaland never got a sniff, but I really struggle to blame him for that.

We lack creativity - I said it in the summer and I'll say it again now. Gundo and Riyad offered goals, assists and the ability to change games in a moment. We haven't replaced that.

EDIT: Oh, and we need John Stones back fit yesterday. Not hopeful about that one considering the secrecy around his injury.

That "ball carriers" experiment not working yet, the dribblers more often than not lose the ball when surrounded by oppo players.
Mind you, Palmer would've been more useful than Doku on the right.

Also, PiGMOL are bent cunts, utter cunts.

No need to panic, though. We move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.