Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

He was completely ineffective on the left too today.
His end product was poor but he managed to beat his opponent at times. Grealish couldn’t even beat his man despite coming on late. All in it was just a weird game. There was no chance of going through the middle so our wide players had to be better.

Opponents have rumbled Doku. Time to take him out of the firing line.
I disagree with you completely, in the last ten minutes when playing on the right he made at least three runs into the middle escaping at least one Wolves players and then connecting with other City players.
I was saying this from the day he kicked the ball for for the first time, Haaland is the main problem for us in this kind of games, both defending and going forward. We literally end up plying with a player down when the ball supply to him is cut off totally. His movement is in the area is non existent, utterly uninvolved in the game. Having 8 touches in the whole game is ok when you score two goal, but doing nothing for 90 minutes leads to the result like today.

Wolves Xg 0.51 - us 0.90
which suggests it was a game of few decent goal scoring opportunities created for either side. Which was the case.
Which is even worse given possession we had, no ideas what to do with it except cross it into the box straight to a wolves defender or the keeper -says it all when our only goal came from a set piece!

If we play anything like this on Wednesday or next Sunday we’ll get battered!

We have been awful these last 2 games, complete lack of creativity. Pathetic to blame the ref when we are even worse ourselves. Are we really this bad without Rodri?

No idea why we subbed Phillips on since we all know there is zero percent chance of him having a positive impact on a game. Subbing him on more or less tells the rest of the team that the result doesn't matter today. Not to mention we apparently thought a game we are losing was the perfect time to bring on a youth player who would obviously have little to no impact on the game as well. Didn't seem like if we even tried to win. Very disappointed with todays performance.

Well here's our usual slow start to the season turned up. I actually didn't expect us to have so many points on the board although on paper the fixtures have been kind.

I kind of expected us to lose today. Shitty weather, hostile atmosphere when they're on it, key players missing and a few recent signs we're a bit frazzled.

Fucked the next few days up as I'll have to avoid anything football related as the hysteria by the media will be in overdrive.

No team can afford to lose world class players like KDB, Stones, Bernardo and Rodri and not suffer a bit. When the fuck are Stones and Bernardo coming back?? They seem to have been almost ready for ages.

If the dippers drop points we are still top. I can't say I'm looking forward to Arsenal though.
I didn’t expect us to lose, but that aside, I agree with the rest. Was looking forward to seeing spurs beat liverpool but a bit less enthusiastic about following that game now.

Having been out all afternoon and only being aware of the scoreline I'm actually quite relieved to hear we desereed to lose because we played shit.
Much easier to take than if we'd played well but got kicked off the park and denied everything by the usual corrupt officiating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.