Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

We have had a piss easy start. That’s the only reason we are on 18/21. Football wise we have been nowhere near our best in a few of the games. The lack of goals from midfield will become a problem this season. Gundogan and Mahrez scored loads and despite the latter being lazy, he was a threat.
Two very good players and very, very difficult to replace, not helped by KDB being out of action.

Big players make the difference and we’re lacking a bit at the moment.

Yeah, but this game wasn't one that we should have lost. Who had all the shot? Twenty-nine apparently. Does any side have as many shots with such a meagre return?

I am rather sympathetic to the Blues who spent their hard-earned watching that if it was as bad as it seemed!
I was there, it wasn't as bad as some are making put, more frustrating we allowed them to take the piss and bully us

Just wait until next week if we're winning against the Tarquins.

Despite a poor performance we have now had over 30 shots in the last 2 games resulting in just 1 goal. Thats our biggest issue atm, Haaland not a patch on last seasons Haaland and rest of the team have a shocking lack of goals in them bar perhaps Alverez but he goes missing for majority of games. Foden pretty awful today also

Personally I don’t think we’ve looked at our normal level this season, even with the six wins and our usual tendency to start slowly.

Newcastle at home was our best performance, but we haven’t clicked yet and a number of players look below their usual level, most obviously Haaland although he’s not alone in that.

Too early to judge the transfer window but we had to replace a phenomenal player in Gundogan, and a very talented one in Mahrez, and we also needed to buy a top class midfielder in addition to rotate or play alongside Rodri.

Not convinced we’ve ticked those boxes to be honest and at the moment we look like we’ve bought players who look good when we’re on song, but who struggle to change a game when we’re struggling. Certainly miss Gundogan’s ability to chip in with a goal.

Perhaps we needed to be a bit more ambitious with our midfield signings and although I’m not arsed about missing out on Rice, the fact we put a bid in for him suggests to me that we didn’t really have our ducks in a row this summer.
Tbf, we rarely look at our best during the first half of any season. We typically have a stronger second half of the season once the rhythm has been established. Not all the time, but it's fairly common. And not saying it's always guaranteed to happen, but we tend to be patchier around Halloween and up to Christmas.

16/17 - 39 points from 19 games, then 39 points from 19 games (x)
17/18 - 55 points, 45 points (x)
18/19 - 44 points, 54 points (y)
19/20 - 38 points, 42 points (y)
20/21 - 41 points, 45 points (y)
21/22 - 47 points, 46 points (x)
22/23 - 42 points, 47 points (y)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.